Sasha

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

the price is very good (even better is the price for the 2x40 displays :)). If they were negative STN, I´d be very much interested. However, after looking at this: http://www.optrex.com/pdf/C-51505.pdf, I´d say this one is a positive (black on white) version (-AA). The symbol in the backlight column seems to be misleading :-/

If we´d want to do a bulk order anyway, it should be organized very fast as there´s only stock for two cartons...

Seppoman

Hi,

the price is very good (even better is the price for the 2x40 displays :)). If they were negative STN, I´d be very much interested. However, after looking at this: http://www.optrex.com/pdf/C-51505.pdf, I´d say this one is a positive (black on white) version (-AA). The symbol in the backlight column seems to be misleading :-/

If we´d want to do a bulk order anyway, it should be organized very fast as there´s only stock for two cartons...

Seppoman

You are right... the symbol is misleading.

...versions (C-51505NFQJ-LW-AD, C-51505NFQJ-LW-AG, C-51505NFQJ-LG-AF and

C-51505NFQJ-LB-AE) offer white, red, green or blue characters on a black background. The positive mode

(transflective) versions (C-51505NFJ-SLW-AA, C-51505NFJ-SLG-AB and C-51505NFJ-SLW-AC) offer black

characters on white or green backgrounds.

:(

About the noumber of cartons... well, I see 200 cartons, not 2...

but, there is negative 40x4 LCD for $27.80 and carton quantity is only 40 pieces. :) I would buy 2  :)

I would rather go with 40x2, but obviously no negative ones. The price is just great for such a high contrast (60:1) negative display.

190mm (W) x 54mm (H) x 14.6mm (D) It`s not that big for MBSEQ, MBLC?

C-51849NFQJ-LW-AAN.jpg

What do you think of this one?  ::) Nice?

About the noumber of cartons... well, I see 200 cartons, not 2...

Well, they don´t state if it´s pieces or cartons. But these are all discontinued products, and some "qty" numbers are even around 1000. I´d say if a manufacturer has 1000 cartons with 50 each displays (=50,000 pieces!!) on stock, they wouldn´t call them discontinued yet. 200 pieces is more likely IMHO. But the only way to find out is to ask them.

but, there is negative 40x4 LCD for $27.80 and carton quantity is only 40 pieces. :) I would buy 2  :)

They look nice, but I don´t see why everybody is talking about 4 line displays at the moment - except the midimon, there isn´t any midibox application supporting 4 lines. Ok, if this display would cost 4$ as well, I could ignore the other lines, but 28$ is too much for a display that isn´t really suitable.

So it seems that the 2x20 is not interesting for a group order because of the positive color?

The cheap 2x40 would be the other interesting LCD for me. If there´s a group order on this, I´d take a few.

Seppoman

For 2.69$, it doesnt have to be Wink

agree 100%

I really need some negative fancy white on black, and I will definitely order some from digikey even they are not so cheap, but we can maybe batch order those 2.69$. I will contact them about carton quantities, and get back to you.

I could ignore the other lines, but 28$ is too much for a display that isn´t really suitable.

I think 28$ is not much for 40x2 negative high contrast display, so those 2 more unused lines I could ignore.

...or it may not. TK repeatedly stated that he won´t do any changes to the front panels of his boxes, so at least for the existing apps these two lines are and will probably stay useless. In my view, having useless display lines is like having a group of large unconnected rocker switches on a front panel. I´d find this aesthetically disturbing - but this is a matter of taste of course. At least, future uses of these lines IMHO can´t be counted into the decision for a LCD.

S

If the 40x2 price of $2.69 is not a typo I'll take a dozen of 'em.  Even if the quoted price is a typo, they will probably honour it as it is clearance stock.  These were sold individually for $56.93 at Digi-Key! :o

The datasheet for the 40x2 is here: http://www.optrex.com/SiteImages/PartList/SPEC/40267ade.pdf

This is a really great price for this display, and it will "work" for any MIDIbox project. I think we would do well to act quickly.

DMC-40267NY-LY.jpg

In my view, having useless display lines is like having a group of large unconnected rocker switches on a front panel

Well, I wouldn`t agree as you can show on frontpanel only 2 lines, the rest is hidden. I`m alost sure I see some LC wiyh hiden unused portion of screen. I`m  planing to do it for my LC. But I would agree with you that having all 2 lover lines unused visible is ugly and pointless.

So, are we interested in the 40x2 LCD for $2.69?

I woud take at least 6.

I sent a mail to the optrex sales, and waiting for response.