MB-6582 baseboard part kits

smashtv

SmashTV, if you're listening, I certainly would much rather order the remaining components (minus the parts Wilba wants to sell) from you rather than DigiKey. Any chance you'll be putting together a kit in the near future? The world (well, some of us anyway ;)) awaits your answer,

Yes baseboard parts kits are in process, but I have to wait until I'm caught up with current orders before I can finish them......so:

Kit has everything needed for the baseboard except the PCB itself, SID chips, power input jack, and the power switch.  If I can find the correct switch in RoHS compliant form and for less than an insane price, they will become part of the kit (highly unlikely).  I will have the on-off-on version of the switch available separately to avoid an extra mouser order for you guys if needed though.

Before it's asked, yes that includes 8 512 bankstick ram chips.....Included PICs will have bootloader and MIOS, builder uploads the app via sysex.

Pricing:

$100 with PIC chips, $75 without.

Again there is no ETA for these yet, that is a question I won't answer until my current (patiently waiting) customers are taken care of and happy.  Been a crazy roller coaster ride for me lately, hundreds of miles away from home, else these would be done already.

Questions, comments, and "count me in for one" are welcomed in this thread....ask in my PM inbox or email, and I probably won't even take the time to respond by pointing you back to this thread.  :)

Best Regards

SmashTV

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got any plans for doing a kit for the control PCB (minus the LCD)?
Yes, but I won't even start sourcing those parts until the base kits are shipping.....That one won't take nearly as long as the base or even my current lineup did to spec and chase.  ;)

Best Regards

Smash

Pricing:

$100 with PIC chips, $75 without.

I'll want two component kits with PIC chips for the MB-6582 baseboard.  I'll also want one power switch if I can get it through you.

I'll keep my eye out until you announce availability.  Thanks!

Oh boy, this thread's topic is running away from us :P

And it almost goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that I'd like to buy a baseboard kit with PICs from SmashTV. And maybe a panel kit, too, depending on what color LEDs are included/ not included and what Wilba wants to ultimately sell as far as rotary encoders and switches. I already have the LCD and am now waiting impatiently for the group-buy front panel to ship :).

-b

Not yet, but I have a parcel of 4 fresh ones here that I have not tested yet.

Best

Smash

hey Smash, have you looked at my homebrew PSU? (http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6374.0)

I believe it can be adapted for use as an external PSU, maybe relay the tracks a bit to have all the currents available on a single SIL header and so, but not very much work I think? Anyway, you and Wilba have my explicit permission to use the design and adapt it where neccessary to create a C64 PSU brick replacement. I have 1 spare PCB left, which I can send to either of you for testing if interested.

Cheers,  Alex.

Sensorium, why don t you mess around with some 10$ intermittent leds kit instead of with the 100$ SmashTv kits?

Consider also that this haven t a commercial purpose so you d better let other people acquire their kits instead of waiting in queue. Just my thought.

Peace

Simone