MB-6582 baseboard part kits

smashtv

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SmashTV,

I see a lot of people saying they want a parts kit (including me who wants 2).  I can imagine you might have a very large investment in parts that you have to order before people pay for them.

If it helps, I'll be glad to pay for parts kits before you have to place the parts orders.  If many people were willing to do that as well, then all of us could save through your bulk-purchasing, and you could still not worry about people backing out of paying/ordering.  I'm sure there would be many others willing to pre-pay as well, just like we've done for the MB-6582 PCBs and  front/back panels.

Thanks for the offer!  Everything has been paid for, the various parts coming in for weeks now to do these, and I plan to do enough for everyone.

Back to the kit mill with me.

Best

SmashTV

@ wilba, ok you are right.. i shouldnt be such a whiny littly  bitch.. the fact that he is offering 2 flavours is cool enough.. so ill just sell the banksticks, or use it for another project.

@ smash.. thank you!! if there were still karma here i would drown you in +1s. thank you again.. and again... i could go on.. and i will.. but not typing.. cuz this thread will be long enough with all "count me in" posts :D

Hehe thanks guys!  ;D

Just to be clear: My attitude on build to order kits is not about money/time etc.... but if acting like some parts nazi means every builder has the same (known good) RAM, crystal, etc. etc., that saves support effort caused by random sources.

After seeing how some others pack static sensitive parts vs. my ritual, my method of packing is the only one worthy of everyone's time here giving build support.  (not trying to be cocky or anything, just still amazed that even the large electronic distributors don't get it right)

Best

Smash

Hehe thanks guys!  ;D

Just to be clear: My attitude on build to order kits is not about money/time etc.... but if acting like some parts nazi means every builder has the same (known good) RAM, crystal, etc. etc., that saves support effort caused by random sources.

After seeing how some others pack static sensitive parts vs. my ritual, my method of packing is the only one worthy of everyone's time here giving build support.  (not trying to be cocky or anything, just still amazed that even the large electronic distributors don't get it right)

Best

Smash

Smash,

No kidding.  I've gotten a few kits from you and everything is packed nicely, and all correct components were always shipped.  Kind of like the old Heathkits in that I never got a kit with a missing or wrong component.  Then again there's PAIA who I love, but of the 5 kits I've got there in the last few years, every one has had missing or wrong components.  And their packaging leaves a LOT to be desired, unlike yours which is neat and well organized.

I'm very grateful to people like you who care about what they do, even when you're clearly not doing it for money.  Thanks!

No kidding.  I've gotten a few kits from you and everything is packed nicely, and all correct components were always shipped.  Kind of like the old Heathkits in that I never got a kit with a missing or wrong component.  Then again there's PAIA who I love, but of the 5 kits I've got there in the last few years, every one has had missing or wrong components.  And their packaging leaves a LOT to be desired, unlike yours which is neat and well organized.

My only problem with PAIA is that the frontpanels are the bad silkscreening.  When I got my Fatman, I noticed that tapping the silkscreening with a fingernail would cause it to chip.  I tried spraying it with a clear laquer, but that made it look awful and didn't do anything to prevent chipping.  So I just scraped off all the silkscreening and labeled things with a Brother labelmaker.  It worked out okay since I hacked up the front panel anyhow.

FWIW, I moved all the jacks to the rear, cut out the area where the MIDI and CV jacks went, and replaced it with an aluminum plate.  There's enough space for a finetune pot and five toggles.

As far as I know, SmashTV has already bought what is required or had it in his stock already. Pre-paying isn't required.

Thanks for the offer!  Everything has been paid for, the various parts coming in for weeks now to do these, and I plan to do enough for everyone.

Back to the kit mill with me.

Best

SmashTV

Is it necessary  to post a "count me in for..." ? do you make a list or will you have enough kits for all?

Its important for me to make further plans of collecting parts.

Are you actually reading this thread and marking down who is "down for one" or shoudl we email you or go through your website?

Because put me down for one, dammit!  But if you dont' read this, then dammit, i'll email you!  DAMMIT!!

I want with pics though.. and banksticks.. and stickers!  and glitter!

ah, my first post, just signed in so I could reply here (been a lurker for most of the time, and started collecting small parts for a midibox sid, but well, this all-in-one board sure caught my fancy :D)

Anyways, sign me up for one baseboard kit, without the PICs, please.

i'm in for one baseboard kit w/ PICs

edit: i'm also in for one control surface kits, if/when they become available. (except encoders, knobs, and display, which i have already obtained via the bulk orders here- if that separation of kits is possible. if not, then i'll source the rest of the CS myself... ugh)

Smash, any chance you could pre-load the PICs with the MB6582 app?  Since they're all going to be used for the same thing, and you're squirting the bootloader in.

This is not a good idea... people will need to load the latest version anyway, as it's still a beta release at the moment, and I think everyone needs to demonstrate (learn!) some basic MIDIbox skills like uploading an app with MIOS Studio.