MB-6582 baseboard part kits

smashtv

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to receive that email from SmashTV.

I've got most of my gaggle of ducks lined up in a quasi-row to start putting this project together. Pretty much all I'll need is the base kit w/ PICs and some rotary encoders.

(Hope this doesn't count as a double post -- I'm not greedy; I just want one kit  ;) )

-b

you could send a few aussie kits out together (especially to us from Melbourne who can swap locally). :)

Yeh, send them ALL to MEEEEE.

I will share them out to all the 'burn crew.

Honest.

No, really I will!

I wouldn't keep them all for myself!

What? Don't look at me like that!

;D

I'm up for a base kit and a control kit

cheers

NAS, you showed interest in the PCBs before the first run, then completely ignored all future correspondence from me when asked to confirm an order and pay for it (both through email and PM).

Why do you want a base kit and "control kit" when you don't have PCBs?

Are you thinking the base kit contains the base PCB? It does not.

What do you think is in a "control kit"? I don't even know, since it doesn't exist.

Base kits should go to people who have already bought the PCBs and have them in their hands.

NAS, you showed interest in the PCBs before the first run, then completely ignored all future correspondence from me when asked to confirm an order and pay for it (both through email and PM).

Why do you want a base kit and "control kit" when you don't have PCBs?

Are you thinking the base kit contains the base PCB? It does not.

What do you think is in a "control kit"? I don't even know, since it doesn't exist.

Base kits should go to people who have already bought the PCBs and have them in their hands.

I don't know what is in it either... I want one though! It would save the hassle of sorting parts out from various places understandably though SmashTV is going to be very busy for a little while with the baseboard kits. Maybe a control surface kit would be something to consider when everybody has their baseboards built up and Smash has had time to take a break from the kit-mine and sit down with a nice cup of tea and a biscuit.

G

NAS, I did not intend my post to be a personal attack, just stating facts... your post did generate a very high "WTF?" response from me, but I'm not angry or annoyed. You certainly didn't waste my time like many others did. Sorry back at you.

i'm impatient and have to source parts anyway for the mb-808.  is there a BOM available for the main & control boards for the mb-6582 with part numbers from mouser, etc?  if not i'm thinking of making one in excel.

Not really a BOM, but lists what you need. http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582_control_surface_parts_list. If you make up a BOM in excel then maybe you could upload it somewhere and post the link on the Wiki, or maybe do a parts list set out like the one for the base PCB here http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582_parts_list and add it to the Wiki. I'm sure a lot of people would find it useful.

G

Not really a BOM, but lists what you need. http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582_control_surface_parts_list. If you make up a BOM in excel then maybe you could upload it somewhere and post the link on the Wiki, or maybe do a parts list set out like the one for the base PCB here http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582_parts_list and add it to the Wiki. I'm sure a lot of people would find it useful.

G

right on, i started sourcing parts a few days working from the wiki.  i'm lazy right now is all it came down too.  i might work on this tonight since it gets dark at 5:30 now  >:( 

btw, the dual-gang 500k pots used at the back aren't on this parts list, nor are the eight 3-pin SIL connectors to connect them to the SID modules.

Also, my order for the power switches (aka. C64 power switch) is underway.

For the people getting the first few base kits from SmashTV, and people who are ordering/already ordered their own parts, you can get one of these switches sent from me directly, it should be really cheap to send it in a letter. After I've sent a big batch to SmashTV, he can include them in the base kits.

Also, I've found some nice rotary encoders from a different supplier to the one I used for the original MB-6582 (aka. the ones from Voti). These are exactly the same dimensions, a nicer feel when detented, and easy to open and make undetented. I've confirmed they work perfectly with MIOS and IMHO are superior to "the ones from Voti" and will be quite cheap too. (Things often are cheap when you buy 2000).

Please don't email me yet with orders for these, I'm just letting you know that it will be happening, should you want to wait for these. There will be big formal announcements on the forum soon and I'll email the MB-6582 builders directly so it's not like people reading this will miss out.