MB-6582 baseboard part kits

smashtv

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, just checking, i havne't been on the board in a while.  My pannels arrived today.. SmashTV still plans on selling the pCBs for the MB-6582, yes?

Yes.

Smash will be selling PCB's as well as part kits? I thought he was only going to handle parts kits and you, Wilba, were going to handle PCB's? I'm more confused now than I ever was. ???

I've been collecting the names/emails of people wanting PCBs.

SmashTV has expressed interest in running the next PCB order to save on people's shipping costs and combine it with parts kits, etc. and keep them "in stock".

The current PCB pre-order tally is at 70 base and 64 CS PCBs, so a small run of 100 each will keep everyone who is waiting happy and have some left over.

The delay in this PCB order happening has been primarily because I would prefer to actually put mine together fully first and get feedback from all the other current builders and incorporate some improvements into the next revision. People are using parts I hadn't expected, or have parts that don't fit as well as I expected. Any revisions will still be compatible with the published panel design (and any panels already made to this design) including the use of the C64 power switch (500pcs of an identical part is now being imported by me and will mostly go to SmashTV for parts kits) and the 16mm rotary encoders (2000pcs of which I am importing now and which SmashTV is almost certain to keep in permanent stock).

I know how much it sucks to be kept waiting, sorry... but it's better to wait for things to be done right. (That's not SmashTV's fault, I'm just as much a perfectionist).

I've been collecting the names/emails of people wanting PCBs.

OK, so if I'm on your list (which I should be) then when everything is ready to go I will actually be dealing with Smash? I will also at that time be able to get a parts kit for it? Sorry for so many questions. I just want to make sure that I am in fact on your list and won't be passed by. Don't mean to be the nagging "new" guy. :-[

hey there

i ve been quite busy lately, new home, done, new lab, done, internet connection, i am working around it, recreate a relationship with my daughter, done.so all is good

.. i d like to know what s up with the 6582 kits, i know the first 25 kits are out there already.. now what am i supposed to do for a kit? i mean apart from lighting a candle to any random saint..

if it is enough.. count me in for 1 of each kit with PICs ..

hopefully i ll be connected in 2 or 3 days

.. nice to be robbed a 54 euros a month for a crappy 3 Mb/s connection, viva espana!

simone

Does anybody know the progress on these parts kits? I was planning on taking a couple of days off over Christmas to build my synth and am just wondering if the parts kits will be ready by then. I understand that there's quite a lot of work involved in putting these kits together  so don't want it to appear that I'm nagging SmashTV to get them done, but it would be useful if I could find out if they are going to be ready for the end of the year or next year.

G

Does anybody know the progress on these parts kits? I was planning on taking a couple of days off over Christmas to build my synth and am just wondering if the parts kits will be ready by then. I understand that there's quite a lot of work involved in putting these kits together  so don't want it to appear that I'm nagging SmashTV to get them done, but it would be useful if I could find out if they are going to be ready for the end of the year or next year.

G

I'm with you G

I would like to build mine over the holidaze as it's really the only free time I'm going to have until March 2008.  I wonder if we can do a Mouser project for the parts as was done for the MB-808 then once it's set up we just log in with a predetermined user name and password (MB-6582) and then order the projects.  This at least saves each and everyone of us from putting in the parts.

Or we buy them from SmashTV which would be supa cool

Steve

I'm with you G

I would like to build mine over the holidaze as it's really the only free time I'm going to have until March 2008.  I wonder if we can do a Mouser project for the parts as was done for the MB-808 then once it's set up we just log in with a predetermined user name and password (MB-6582) and then order the projects.  This at least saves each and everyone of us from putting in the parts.

Or we buy them from SmashTV which would be supa cool

Steve

I'd rather wait for when SmashTv has time sort kits out as it seems to be more cost effective than us all ordering seperately. I was just wanting to know if it's going to be this year or next. There's nothing to stop you from doing a mouser parts list, but i'd wait to get an answer from Smash first, they could be waiting all ready to go :D

G

Here is a PDF of my base parts list. It's incomplete as a whole project, meaning that some parts are unverified for size and quantity. Also, some things aren't on the list. Its up to you to verify and finish. All I ask is that if you get time to finish and verify before I do, post it.

Good Luck

edit:

Missing in new list are regulators, filter caps, various hardware, etc. VERIFY IF YOU USE THIS!

6582-upd.pdf

6582-upd.pdf

Hi guys sorry for the lack of updates....

The baseboard kits are shipping now in a slow roll out fashion, I'm working my way down the list as fast as I can buy the ram and PIC chips these kits eat.  :)

When I get to your name on the list I'll send you a private message here on the forum with instructions.

Thanks for your patience, these have taken forever to get together and verify.

Best Regards

SmashTV

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in for 1 kit.... but I already have the PICs and banksticks... and a lot of transistors and resistors...  and lots of 74HC165... so I only really need the IC sockets and the capacitors... no wait, I've got heaps of 100nF capacitors, but not the big electrolytics or the little ceramics you need for the crystal... oh definitely need the 10Mhz crystals although I have one already, so only need 3 crystals... so it's IC sockets, all the capacitors except 100nF, all the chips except PICs and 24LC512 and 74HC165... hang on, I got a spare optocoupler cos I bought about five when I built my last MB-6582... so don't need that one... and the regulators but I only need one 7809 cos I don't use 6581 at all.... oh and I've run out of resistor networks so I need those, but not any of the 10K or 1K ones, better throw in the 5k6 and 1k2 cos I don't know if I have them... hope that's not too much trouble Smash, cos I wouldn't want to have any parts left over or anything.

Wilba, how are the Power Switches going, what's their status?

Count me in for 1 kit.... but I already have the PICs and banksticks... and a lot of transistors and resistors...  and lots of 74HC165... so I only really need the IC sockets and the capacitors... no wait, I've got heaps of 100nF capacitors, but not the big electrolytics or the little ceramics you need for the crystal... oh definitely need the 10Mhz crystals although I have one already, so only need 3 crystals... so it's IC sockets, all the capacitors except 100nF, all the chips except PICs and 24LC512 and 74HC165... hang on, I got a spare optocoupler cos I bought about five when I built my last MB-6582... so don't need that one... and the regulators but I only need one 7809 cos I don't use 6581 at all.... oh and I've run out of resistor networks so I need those, but not any of the 10K or 1K ones, better throw in the 5k6 and 1k2 cos I don't know if I have them... hope that's not too much trouble Smash, cos I wouldn't want to have any parts left over or anything.