somebody interested in x0xb0x PCB`s (BATCH CLOSED)

Sasha

I told you in last post... for x0xb0x orientation should be North. I just put pot with mentioned South knob on PCB just to be sure. Definitely North!

::) Missed that line, well I have been awake for 30 hours, things are out of focus right now.

O.k so thats cleared, now just to know how many people might join in a bulk order.

Asaf (who is going to sleep)

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Knobs regarding,

I will open up a new thread for ordering those, samples are being shipped right now.

They can ship what they have in stock (as samples) so I would be getting the black knob with red pointer and with grey one.

I have asked for the D type shaft to be in north orientation.

Shipping for 2000 knobs to Israel would cost 51 GBP which would add 0.025 GPB to one knob.

Asaf

I know the shipping price is pretty high, UK ---> Out shipping always cost more then I expect

but when you divide it to the number of knobs it's not much to add on, still around 0.2 GPB for a knob,

If a UK based member would like to take this on himself it's fine by me

We just need to check how much would it then cost + shipping from the UK to all of as.

The forward shipping may have a high cost as well, one of the good thing in Israel is the cheap International shipping,

My guess is that shipping 100 knobs to the Usa / Europe would cost about $10, so right now I'll wait for any other suggestions

and till the samples arrive before moving on the bulk order,

Asaf

You are right about Israel international shipping. It s cheap. I remember that as I was into bulk Kartoshka organized for LCDs. But, he didn`t payed much for shipping from US to Israel. I think i was something about $17. Is the 2000 minimum order at Sifam or you think that much people are interested into those bullets? I like them, but I just received 120 Re`an knobs. Thanks Prof! ;)

The minimum order is 1000, I think that there would be enough for 1000 with a split shaft, I am getting around 100-200 for myself.

The problem might go with the D shaft type, I don't know if we can get to 1000 there but this community always surprises me with

the amount of quantities that people order when they get a nice price, "just in case I need more in the future"  ;D

I guess it's time to post a thread regarding those and see if there is enough interest in them.

Sifam has a smaller amount of the bullet type D shaft in black with red pointer and in black with a grey pointer so if we won't

get to the minimum for those I could ask them for a smaller amount, I think a black with a red shinny pointer could look really good.

Asaf

I don't mind organising the bulk order from the UK if it's of benefit. I don't think outbound postage rates will be too high either. It depends how many knobs are being sent out. With the MB6582 knobs I was able to send them all out as letter/small packages so it wasn't too bad. Are we talking about posting 100s of knobs to people or under 50? I can pop in to the post office next week and make enquiries.

G

As I said I received knobs from Prof yesterday (UK). 120 Pieces all in one fairly small bubble envelope. Postage and envelope cost just 2.70EUR to be shipped to Serbia.  :)  I think it is cheap and it hardly could be cheaper shipped from Israel. We don`t have to forget about import tax that dont exist if the knobs are ordered within UK. 51GBP is alot of money and I think i really is better to do everything from UK. I appreciate your efforts asaf and thank you Goblinz for offer for help.

Goblinz, thanks for the offer, all I really wanted is to have the knobs  ;D that's why I started checking all that's needed.

If you don't mind organizing then I really don't mind.

Regarding quantities, Like I said before, I think that the round shaft type will have a larger demand, I want at least 100

and I read that dj3nk al. produscher want 80 but it's up to you, If you want to organize the Group buy in batches of 25 / 50 / 100...

Regarding the D type shaft, I mostly need those for the x0xb0x - thats 8 knobs and would take some more but I don't see myself buying

more then 50 as they might just sit in on my table.

We just need to see if other future x0xbuilders would like them as well,

Asaf

Goblinz, thanks for the offer, all I really wanted is to have the knobs  Grin that's why I started checking all that's needed.

Asaf, thank you for your efforts getting the info from Sifam for us. I believe this way is better for most of people.

Regarding quantities, Like I said before, I think that the round shaft type will have a larger demand

What exactly you mean by round ones... splined/knurled (18 splines) or smooth surface? I have more that 100pcs of splined metal 10KB Pots so I would like some splined ones too even it makes no sense at all. I just get myself 120 nice Re`an knobs but it is so hard to resist the bulk order especially because Sibalco sells same for price of 1EUR/piece! I will never finish any project because of all those batches :P

Sasha, boards arrived yesterday \o/ .. still clueless about the casing, reckon it's time to figure sth out ;)

Great! Can I help you somehow? If you show me some ideas, I might have some advice. I would really love to see people designing the x0x as I found original x0x so boring!

Yeah I never liked the look of the original x0x either so it definitely has to be something else ;).. And use as much recycled parts as possible of course. The latter has been one of the essential underlying motives of my diy stuff anyway.

I do have a few case alternatives atm, but they're rather big.. Even though I'll be adding most (if not all) of the mods mentioned on the x0x wiki, these cases are still a bit overkill. Would be cool to keep the box as small as possible with this project. Sort of in respect to the original 303.

Also, I have to go for pots and buttons which won't fit on the x0x board (switch spacing too narrow for the button actuator mech), so some extra wiring chores are on the to-do list.

Would be cool to keep the box as small as possible with this project. Sort of in respect to the original 303.

That is what I always desperately trying to do, and in x0x case even more. I must admit I had some radical ideas like cutting the PCBs but first x0x will not be so radical. I really want to make first one to work and while I`m playing with it I can continue with special x0x as I wanted at first place.

Also, I have to go for pots and buttons which won't fit on the x0x board (switch spacing too narrow for the button actuator mech), so some extra wiring chores are on the to-do list.

Seams we having similar approach.  :) I will do the same fro my illuminated buttons as no enough space for good mounting illumination LEDs. There are, but more far light source are from button diffusor the better is look of button when illuminated. Of course, they can be side illuminated, but effect isn` the same.

If you re looking for the same switch you can find on ebay realy cheap part like this

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130160893329&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

thankyou, they are cheap but have you test them?

If it's switches we are talking about, I must say that the waveform switch would look unfitting to say the least / ugly to be honest.

Maybe we should think about a way to cover it, I really don't know if it would be possible to replace it - boards fitting wise.

asaf i was talking about tact swiches, not the waveform toggle switch. :)

B12AB-RO-ND this one is suggested on the ladyada site, do you think that it's not replecable? it's out of stock for now at digikey like the 16pos.