somebody interested in x0xb0x PCB`s (BATCH CLOSED)

Sasha

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest, I don't think there's any way to nail THE 303 sound, since they're all a little different. Nor is there any real need to. I've heard lots of x0xb0x's, and never once have I thought, hmm, that doesn't sound like a 303 ;) It's plenty close enough for those of us that will never be able to afford a real one to not be able to tell, and once you put it in a mix, forget about hearing any difference whatsoever! I want a x0x, because it has a combination of the 303 sound, and the sequencer, which is the killer for me.

I had some weird idea of building my TB3030 with a keyboard.. although at first it seemed a fun thing to play around with (I mainly compose by recording clips I play on hardware synths), it really doesn't yield 303ish results. So, a second box with a built-in sequencer would be more than dead on :)

I visited that site before, and again few days ago, but I didn`t find any top list of clones. Is that your opinion dstamand?

I didn`t compared sounds of all clones ...too many of them.

On the acidvoice Web page, from my ears, the best one is Adafruit x0xb0x. I don't know much about all other tb-303 clones. Btw, i remember that my father owned a tb-303 in the early 80's, it was fun to play music with, was a toy for me but i don't know where it is today, we should have it somewhere deep in a box in the garage. :-)

Btw, i remember that my father owned a tb-303 in the early 80's, it was fun to play music with, was a toy for me but i don't know where it is today, we should have it somewhere deep in a box in the garage. :-)

Man, you must have coolest father in MB community.

Don`t you have great desire to find that TB  ??? ...or you think it is better to build x0x rather than clean the dust of an old TB ::) Crazy!

There is nothing more fun than digging the boxes with some old tech stuff, especially when you know you can find something like 303, and who knows what else...

Please, go to  the garage and have some fun  ;)

Btw, i remember that my father owned a tb-303 in the early 80's, it was fun to play music with, was a toy for me but i don't know where it is today, we should have it somewhere deep in a box in the garage. :-)

I'm with Sasha on this one. Run, do not walk, to that garage. At the very least, you could ebay it for enough money to build a x0xb0x, and have enough left over for a 'Wilbabeast'. Me? I'd play it!

Finally the time has come ...I am going on vacation tomorrow and back in 10 days. After I back I`ll close this order list and start collecting the money for PCBs.

I kindly ask all these people to send me an email to confirm an order and tell if they are generally interested in front-panel or not. The price won`t be high, but cannot give much info on that. I don`t expect it to be more than 15EUR, but it depends of how many of you want it. The panel will be black powder coated aluminum with laser engraved labels.

My email address is in my profile.

future x0x builders:

Jaicen

ultra

huck

b-funk

TheProf

jimp

reboot

abcmann

nebula

el-bee

There is about 20 future x0xb0x builders by now, half of in Serbia :)

Payment:

Unfortunately, Serbia is not on PayPal list, so there is only 2 ways to send the money. Bank wire transfer or Western Union.

See you in 10 days.

Oh, sorry. I thought it is hidden only if you are not logged in. I`ve changed it now. Can you check it again please.

If I log out I can see hidden, but don`t know do you see it if you log in. I receive so much spam I will need hole day to clean it after I got back from vacation.  :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I`m back from vacation and closing this batch.

I am still waiting for the email confirmation from reboot and nebula.

I will send new gerbers to the PCB company today and will have final price for set of PCBs.

I sent panel design to the metal laser cutting company and awaiting for their offer.

welcome back sasha

Thank you ultra.  ;)

So was there some group buy for the rare parts?

Not at the moment. Huck offered me help in getting the parts from US. He could order 2SC1583 from them and ship it to me so I can include it with the PCBs.

I will order 2SC2291 and LA4140 as soon as I find some money and those can be sent with PCB as well.

Anyway, I will send email to all of you who confirmed the PCB order about any news regarding the x0x.

The airmail signed shipping, packing and custom check (necessary in Serbia) is about 10 EUR. So final amount for bank transfer 47 EUR for  set of PCBs.

I send emails with payment details to all people that confirmed the order.

I think is not good idea to wait for answers about final price for panels so you can make payment, as it will delay everything. I have got no money to pay PCB production from my pocket, so I really depends on your payment.

There are 3 different company that I like to use to make the panels, one do metal laser cutting, another anodizing and my laserman do engraving and all are on different parts of Serbia, so I decided to do same as willba, to provide PCBs, and sort the panels later and maybe ship it with some rare parts if i find it till then. We`ll see. ;)

Sounds like a plan to me! As long as the panels aren't stupidly expensive, I think they'll sell just fine. At that price, It would be an acceptable for those that don't actually want the sequencer as well, just a MIDI capable x0x. Put me down for two  ;D

EDIT: Sorry, any chance you could confirm which of the rare parts are being shipped with the PCB's? Since it's effectively a x0x kit, is there a BOM that can be followed from Ladyada? I'd be happy to help organise a group buy for europe if someone tells me exactly what we need.

Sounds like a plan to me! As long as the panels aren't stupidly expensive, I think they'll sell just fine.

Well, I can get pretty cheap panels but that cheap company uses CNC mill so all squares must have 2.5mm radius (bits diameter) which is OK to me as I am making custom buttons for my x0x, but all of you will probably going to use original x0x buttons that have square buttons (without radius). So I contact metal laser cutting company as laser have no angle shape limitations and I am waiting for their offer.

EDIT: Sorry, any chance you could confirm which of the rare parts are being shipped with the PCB's? Since it's effectively a x0x kit, is there a BOM that can be followed from Ladyada?

I`m afraid you misunderstand me. This is not a kit. We need to find best way to get all parts. I sourced all parts and found cheapest distributors, but they are scattered all over the world.

If I managed to get some of rare parts, I can ship it with PCBs, but for now I didn`t get any. I will get some parts as soon as I find some money, but not all of them. Parts needs to be bought from different supliers.

I'd be happy to help organise a group buy for europe if someone tells me exactly what we need.
I would be very thankful for that, as it is not easy to get everything from Serbia.

There are two distributors we need to order parts from Mouser and Digikey. I already made a project list in mouser for the parts we need for mhem, but still need some information about shipping cost. What is the best way to order from mouser. Should it be done by somebody in US or it is the same. Rare parts are not big problem at the end, as they are not bulky, they are all in Europe so shipping cannot be very expensive.

All suggestions and experiences form the people that ordered parts form Mouser and Digikey are very welcomed.

is there a BOM that can be followed from Ladyada?

Ladyada is the main reference for everything! I created my excel BOM with links to sources and prices according to ladyada. It would be very advisable for all of us to read all regard x0x from that website! I did it. Very good website and not so good forum!

This is the answer on my question regarding shipping costs from Digikey.

Hello,

I can only give you approximate shipping costs since I do not have the

actual shipping addresses for Serbia or Germany.

The only shipping option for Serbia is UPS Worldwide Express (1-3 day

delivery service). This is approximately $131.58. If shipping to Germany,

UPS Worldwide Express (1-3 day delivery service) is approximately $58.92 and

FedEx International Priority (1-3 day delivery service) is approximately

$60.11.

I asked what would be the prices for shipping very small order shipped to Serbia or Germany. It was Germain Digikey but I`m not sure is the Digikeys instance in Germany, or it is only one in US. Didn`t get complete answer, as always.

This is extremely expensive if you ask me. We dont need 1-3 days delivery. What are you experiences with Digikey?