somebody interested in x0xb0x PCB`s (BATCH CLOSED)

Sasha

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, what do you know about them? Is there other cheaper way to order from Digikey? Sure, you can help but I`m not sure how. I didn`t get good answer from them. I wanted to order some parts and ship them later to toy with panel or something, but I`m not sure how to do it. Maybe you can give us some propositions. Few crucial parts needs to be bought from Digikey... absolute and regular encoders, pots and button caps. From Mouser we need some other specific parts like polystyrene capacitors and other pots. The rest (except rare parts) are usual components that can be found in every store.

well, i wasn't sure if digikey is jacking up the price or does it really cost that much to ship to serbia?  would it be cheaper if i got the parts from digikey and shipped them over myself?

otherwise, the parts to be used to americans can stay here for me to distribute and other parts can go to you so you can distribute them?  the only thing about that is i don't think it's necessary for americans to do that because we can buy directly from mouser and digikey, unless there would be a big discount in cost for buying in bulk, but i don't think the quantities would be too high anyway.  for my own parts, i'm happy ordering them on my own.

well, i wasn't sure if digikey is jacking up the price or does it really cost that much to ship to serbia?

I learned from last experience with shaeffer... when asking the shipping price they go to online calculator of express services because they dont have they own shipping cost list for every country. And all those express  services cost alot! Shipping to Germany is 60$ is also unacceptable.

otherwise, the parts to be used to americans can stay here for me to distribute and other parts can go to you so you can distribute them?  the only thing about that is i don't think it's necessary for americans to do that because we can buy directly from mouser and digikey, unless there would be a big

I don`t know how much Americans are among us, but I think it is best if each of you US people order parts individually. It wont be much cheaper to combine the orders. Parts I need from Mouser cost just 13$. I dont remember how was with Digikey. For people from Europe it is probably good to order it together like... all people from germany, all from UK or something like that. I really have no any experience in ordering from US, so I`m hard to propose good solution.

It must be some European who ordered sometimes from Digikey or Mouser? No..?

• 2 weeks later...

I send the news to all of people from the order list together with the payment details. I cannot say much of you sent the money still. News are that I am getting 3 form 7 rare parts from US with help of Huck and Ultra. Thanks guys.  ;) Another news is that I ordered 1mm steel Laser-cut front panel that is black powder coated, so I can check the quality and Ill report here. I plan to find inexpensive screen printing service after I got the panels. The production of panels want cost much but wi will see how much of you will be interested in panes so it it will affect the final price. Screen printing would probably be more expensive than laser laser cuting the steel panel and powder coating together. That is about it.

EDIT: I just realized you asked el-bee about news :), but doesnt matter. I publish some news too. ;)

About dalbany... they ended to be very good service, respond quickly and answered me what I wanted to know. Never ordered from them, but other people have good experiences.

Well, I was actually just after an update on the project as a whole, but thanks for replying Sasha.

When you say that not many people have paid you, it could perhaps be because, like me, they've not actually received an email from you! I mailed to confirm my order, and i've been sat twiddling my thumbs since then, waiting for you to get back to me! Should we re-send our emails to make sure that you have the correct addresses??

Well, I was actually just after an update on the project as a whole, but thanks for replying Sasha.

When you say that not many people have paid you, it could perhaps be because, like me, they've not actually received an email from you! I mailed to confirm my order, and i've been sat twiddling my thumbs since then, waiting for you to get back to me! Should we re-send our emails to make sure that you have the correct addresses??

??? Something strange happened than. I send one mail to all the people (BCC) so, some received it some not. That is strange. I will definitely resend it to all of you. Glad you noticed it. Thanks mate.

As for addresses, I used emails from profile of those who have it on the profile. So if some of those are not your primary emails that could be the reason.

I resent the payment information and hope this time all of you will receive it.

Payment received from:

b-funk

el-bee

unit-sound

ultra (rare parts compensation)

huck (rare parts compensation)

MTE (parts compensation)

nebula (partially compensated for 40*2 LCDs)

Waiting for payment from:

Jaicen

TheProf

jimp

reboot

abcmann

nebula (partially)

Kostya

A bit of update from myself.. electronicsic.com shipment came in the other day. It took 9 days from purchase confirmation, one of the fastest shipment I've had coming in from stateside. And with the current rate of USD against EUR I can't really complain about the price either ;). So, now I have some 2SK30(Y)s, LA4140s, 2SC1583s and 2SC536Fs for the b0x.. Still waiting for the stuff from dalbani, they didn't have all the parts in stock so shipping has been put on hold until they have everything.

One thing I was wondering, can anyone tell what's the difference between the (Y) and (O) model of 2SK30? Can you for instance use one to substitute the other? If (Y) could replace (O), this would of course save me from the trouble of sourcing the latter..

Arto, you are first in everything... paying for PCB, getting some rare parts while we others just dreaming of x0xb0x. 2SC1583 is more expensive than at cpcares, but still cheaper than with Europe distributors.

Difference between 2SK30 (Y) and (O) is not important in term of quality but for each transistor is different value of few components. Dont remember exactly, but I saw it on ladyada`s instructions.

How much did you payed for shipment, and which type it was?

I would like to come in on the PCB buy (already PMd Sasha about this), but don't get paid till next Thursday, so if people are still sorting things out next week then I will join you on the list. I will sort out an order for the knobs from ALBS as I am going to be doing another one for the MB-6582, I don't mind doing this even if I miss the PCB order.

G

Goblinz, as most of the people didnt payed yet I dont believe next Tuesday will be to late, so I add you on the list.

I would like to ask kindly one more time people to pay for the PCBs so I can order production. I put alot of effort in organizing this batch and find best supplier for parts and and front panel, but now, everything is paused. Some people are waiting without good reason. I know you used to paypal, but Bank transfer or Western Union isn`t that much inconvenient and it is my only option. Thank you for understanding.

I just received the panel from laser cutting company that  I ordered to check it. The quality of cutting is good as I expected from laser cutter. But the quality of powder coating is under my quality limit. It happened that it have some small but noticeable dots on it. Is it because of dust of whatever, I dont know, but it bugs me. Powder coating did another company and I wont use their service anymore. I`ll sand down all the coating and bring it to car painting service and check about their quality and prices. Cost of powder coating for this panel was almost as high as laser cutting. Laser cutting cost me 10 EUR which is good price for 1mm steel panel. And here is the pix.

IMG_0411_thumb.jpg

IMG_0406_thumb.jpg

1670_IMG_0411_jpgde3ca72756e4b07abb54377

1672_IMG_0406_jpg598d7bf1d0e164ce75fd085

I don't think that powder coating is anything near acceptable!! The panel does look really nice though.

What buttons are the holes sized for? I think 10eur is a great price for laser cutting, with shipping that looks pretty tasty. Would it be possible to have the panels in a brushed steel finish with laser engraved labels?? Now that would be f***ing awesome!!

If not, who are you getting to do the screening, if anyone?

I'll be getting to the bank at some time next week, can't wait to get this on the go!

I don't think that powder coating is anything near acceptable!!

I dont agree. I`ve seen some stunning quality powder coating, but It is hard to find somebody who is able to did fine work, as powder coating is mostly used for pretty rough protection wnen surface quality isn`t important. There are also diferent kinds and colours of powder coat.

What buttons are the holes sized for?

This is test panel for you guys, so buttons are regular x0x from Digikey. I wont use this panel for my box, nor buttons. Will make myself one when I get some money. I`m broke for next few months. :(

Would it be possible to have the panels in a brushed steel finish with laser engraved labels?? Now that would be f***ing awesome!!

In that case it must be stainless steel and those brushing what would complicate everything and increase cost.

To be honest, as I don`t have "luck" to collect the money to start making PCBs and some people are canceling orders or ignoring me which force me to buy their PCBs even I dont need it, I am really not inspired very mush to put all my time and energy to find and offer more custom variations and colours of panel especially cose I dont need it for myself.

But, anything could be done. I even think of making one sick deluxe version for selling, out of water-cut sandblasted glass or something similar, not sure jet. But I will go with red steel for myself.

If not, who are you getting to do the screening, if anyone?

My friend have screen printing service, and I believe he could provide inexpensive screening with high durable PVC ink. I was working in screen printing industry, so I am thinking to make my own small rig soon. I already have some 2-3 fine resolution screens that I made long time ago.

I'll be getting to the bank at some time next week, can't wait to get this on the go!

Thank you Jaicen. I cant wait myself. Been wanting this thing for a looong time.

Glad to hear it's not just me that's really excited about this thing ;)

I know all about powder coating, I used to manufacture bar-stools and furniture, and it's used extensively in the custom scooter scene as well. That looks like an industrial grade coating, the sort of thing that's always put me off powder finishes. The bubbles are due to surface imperfections, likely some grease on there.

With regards to the brushed finish, I don't think it would be too difficult to achieve. All that is necessary is a planishing brush, which is likely what a powdercoaters or paint-shop will use to buff the panel before coating. It could then be clear coated to stop it oxidising. It wouldn't necessarily require stainless, mild steel would be acceptable (if less pretty).

However, if it is possible to get the panels screened cheaply enough, I don't really see any problems there. I'm quite taken with your red panel, can you give us some more details on that?? I don't really care for the standard x0x aesthetics, so anything different is always worth considering, aparticularly with regard to the step buttons.

Hi all, i just saw after reentering the forum since some days, that things are going on. but i havent receivt any email about payment. could you please redo this? i'll transfer the money at once then. Ill pm my email to you again if you've lost it.

( pcb, all possible rare parts and frontpanel)

cya

... i'll transfer the money at once then.

cya

OK...

... I dont have the time for this project

WTF? Why dont you say here on forum that you are out too?  >:(

...if it is possible you could speak to dj3nk for the order

I dont hunt people to join, I offered this PCBs and you signed in, and confirmed in the second round you are definitely in. Now you telling me to speak to dj3nk??? If he want one he would ask to join.

I`m really pissed off because of this payment. Some at least found some time to tell me thay are broke at the moment and ask me to wait for them to get money, which is fair and I really appreciate.

What is the matter with you people. You all know that my payment options are Bank transfer or Western Union. I am sorry I live in this shitty country so cannot withdrawal the money from Paypal!

I think I`m going to cancel this project and reverse the money to the people that already payed for it. Sorry guys.

I`m going to send one more time PM, and email to the all the participants and ask them to do the payment,  if not this batch has failed.  :'(