somebody interested in x0xb0x PCB`s (BATCH CLOSED)

Sasha

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arto, I`m not sure about costs. Illuminated buttons caps seams far away from this point, even I did some tests. I will not offer the buttons too, these are common 12x12 easy to find membrane type buttons, and LEDs should not be something special. I want to see some movements first and we can talk later about custom parts like buttons, panels and such. In second round of payment we can sort the rest of the payments over ebay, so I could spend it online.

As you was one of only few fair people that payed for PCBs long time ago you will get special discount for these buttons. Also will b-funk and unit-sound if they are interested.  ;)

Yes, I don't think we need to worry about buttons for a little while. Personally I want to get my MB-6582 out of the way first so am taking opertunities of any bulk buys and leaving construction till later, mainly so that I can learn from everybody elses mistakes  ;D I expect that there are a few of us who are going to take a while to get this built. I'd prefer to get the PCBs sorted, then look at group buying rare parts, before looking at cases,panals, buttons and then finally all the other parts. Although, it's up to everybody on here as to how they want to do things.

G

Yeah, I don't intend to build my x0x for a good while yet, I just want to get the parts while I can. Once i've got it all collected, I'll build it all in one go.

One thing that does concern me though, doesn't the x0x have an Atmel controller and some SMT USB stuff?? I for one don't have an Atmel burner!

Yes, it have Atmel, but you can burn it by connecting it directly to the paralel port with few resistors.

SMD chip is not necessary. You need it if you want to upload new or custom firmware. You can just left the SMD chip out of the circuit. I never soldered SMD before, but I think it is final time to start. I`m getting new soldering iron from my girlfriend for birthday, so I will be ready. ;)

buttons too, these are common 12x12 easy to find membrane type buttons, and LEDs should not be something special. I want to see [/

Well let's see how it goes, I haven't yet given much thought on the appearance of my unit-to-be anyway (what housing to use etc). I just liked how your test buttons looked and started immediately thinking if these would be available :). I do have some industrial-grade switches/buttons in store I could use for this project, if nothing else they'd at least be of the type that basically lasts forever in home use.

I know Albs are making some of those 12x12, and I think they are rated as dust proof, but don`t take me for sure. I read somewhere on ladyada forum that buttons on original x0xb0x started to malfunction after a year of usage, and somebody advised same type made by Alps.

I just liked how your test buttons looked and started immediately thinking if these would be available

I wanted you to be inspired, and you should think of appearance now while waiting for PCBs and parts. I would really like to see some nice looking x0xes after ugly originals. We can do it better, I`m sure ;)

Hi Sasha. i could be interested by this x0x bulk (just discovered). But do you know if it will be easy to get the rare parts ? Does somebody hunt them ? did you design the panel for the illuminated buttons ? who will program atmel ? will you sell those amazing buttons ?

The advantage of the layada x0x is that everything is ready to build, the problem is the waiting list. I am waiting since a very long time to get the x0x, so could you please make a check up telling the exact number of people interested, and what must still be done. Do you think that the bulk is possible if we are only 10 people (for PCB and Panel) interested?

Regards

Hello julienvoirin.

But do you know if it will be easy to get the rare parts ?

Parts are not a problem.

Does somebody hunt them ?

Yes. I expect some to arrive these days thanks to b-funk, and some bit later when Huck ship them to me.

did you design the panel for the illuminated buttons ?

yes

who will program atmel ?

You can program it yourself connecting it directly to the parallel port.

will you sell those amazing buttons ?

probably

The advantage of the layada x0x is that everything is ready to build, the problem is the waiting list. I am waiting since a very long time to get the x0x

One of the reasons for building it myself is the waiting list. another is... I can do it much better.  ;)

could you please make a check up telling the exact number of people interested, and what must still be done. Do you think that the bulk is possible if we are only 10 people (for PCB and Panel) interested?

If you are really interested into x0x, I advise you to read all the posts here. If you still need more information, feel free to ask. Just for your information, this is final stage of collecting money for PCB ordering.

If you are really interested into x0x, I advise you to read all the posts here. If you still need more information, feel free to ask. Just for your information, this is final stage of collecting money for PCB ordering.

what's the difference between your pcb and the layada pcb ? personnaly, i think that the price is quite the same, and as there are more than 80 PCB available on layada.net, it's hard to me to understand the interest of another source (you).

But your panel and your buttons are much nicer.

In consequence i tell that i am not interested by your pcb batch (if it is the same as Limors one), but i am interested by the panel and buttons batch and the rare parts. If i can help for this, let me know.

Best regards

[edit] : i did not check the first post==> PCB is different. I will read the full assembly manual of limor to see if parts are hard to find in France, check your design and his design and tell you tomorrow if i am in. cheers

what's the difference between your pcb and the layada pcb ?

The buttons on my PCB is all aligned so caps can be rotated 90 deg. and I add a pad on power line on IO PCB so no trace cutting is necessary to ad a switch.

i think that the price is quite the same

Well, not really. mine is bit cheaper, especially if you are somebody living in Europe

it's hard to me to understand the interest of another source (you).

Well, for me it was the price. To order the PCB from US cost much more than to make it locally, and when I making it locally it is understandable I will offer it to the other interested people.

There are more than 10 builders here in Serbia, and for us it is much more cheaper.

As the PCB is bit different, I wanted to provide panel and some custom backlit buttons and possible complete custom box if people are interested. Full customization is possible for much less money.

The main reason for me was not to earn money on Limor`s design, rather to make everything as cheap as I can and, of course, to make it look much better so some small PCB modifications were necessary.

but i am interested by the panel and buttons batch and the rare parts. If i can help for this, let me know.

Well, custom buttons caps wont suit original x0x buttons.

I will read the full assembly manual of limor to see if parts are hard to find in France

As far as I know you cannot find rare parts in France, but I might be wrong.

check your design and his design and tell you tomorrow if i am in.

There is not much to compare. As I said... only buttons alignment and added pads for power switch connection. But the look of my finished x0x will be very different to the original x0x.