connection for 3 cores midibox lc help!

lucho_asd

hello, first sory by my English  :-[

as the 3 cores are connected?

for link in j11 it does not work, I prove with 2 cores in link and it works the second sending the data channels 1-8 and not 9-16

I use ID CALCULATOR with winpic and messages SYSX :

1 core SYSX: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7

2 core SYSX: F0 00 00 7E 40 01 01 F7          <--- this good?

3 core SYSX: F0 00 00 7E 40 02 01 F7

in MIOS STUDIO I use  "ID" the core 1 (id 0) the core 2 (id 1) the core 3 (id 2) for mios and aplications  <-- this good?

please I have everything armed, I cannot make work the 24 channels.

thank you very much!

Bye!

The cores cannot be linked in Midibox LC application.

Each core takes one MIDI port, and uses 8 channels on that port.

You cannot use channels 9-16, as the Mackie interface does not support this, and in fact, Channel 9 does Master fader control.

I hope this helps, as I'm not strictly sure I understand the question...

yes, it's just like building 3 separate lc's into one housing, connecting each one to a separate midiport on your host. first one is set as mackie-control-universal, the other two as mackie-control-extension

edit: i must correct myself... indeed you have to change something. you must change this accordingly in main.asm:

;; these settings are used in lc_init.inc to initialize the drivers
#define LC_EMULATION_ID	0x14		; use 0x10 for Logic Control
					;     0x11 for Logic Control XT
					;     0x14 for Mackie Control
					;     0x15 for Mackie Control XT (?)

at least i think so, i've never done it

for Core 2 and Core 3 the firmware is he same that core 1?  ???

Yes.  And you need to connect them to separate MIDI ports.  This is just like how all Logic Control / Mackie Control units work:  each 8-channel unit requires its own dedicated MIDI input and output.

So you'll need a MIDI interface for your computer that has I/O for each Logic Control / Mackie Control you want to run.

Thanks for keeping an eye out cimo. Normally, crossposting is a big no-no. And I would set the ninja death squad on the poster.

Of course, if you speak two languages, you double your chance of finding an answer; and the result SHOULD always be an answer in two languages. Multilingual answers are good for everyone, which is why I didn't merge the threads earlier.

I say should, because it does not always work out that way. Sometimes what happens is that the poster causes twice as many people to make the effort to answer which drains resources from others that need help ... Sometimes the answer only appears in one thread, which does not help anyone in the future ... that is not the midibox way

To make sure it goes well for all concerned, IMO, the crossposter should take care to include a link to each of his crossposts in the first post (to avoid doubling others' work), and to summarise the content of the thread with the answer, in the other thread. That way a person who finds one thread, finds both threads, and both answers.

While I am being demanding, I will mention CoLT and BBCodeXtra addons for FireFox, which will help you with copying and pasting links and quotes on the forum here. If you use those, then you are about 4 mouse clicks away from turning a messy multi-lingual cross-post into a pleasant thing for all concerned :)