UK/Europe Bulk order of "Waldorf" knobs for the MB-6582 (CLOSED)

Goblinz

I'm trying to get together a bulk order of the "Waldorf knobs as used in Wilba's MB-6582.

drehknopfmix.jpg

(The ones at the bottom right)

I have already sent an email to LABS requesting minimum order numbers and price breaks, I haven't got a response yet but I gather they are really slow at responding to emails. Hopefully we should have enough people interested to get an order of each colour. Going from the price which is being quoted in the US thread ($1.50) the prices will be as follows.

Knobs - £0.76 (EUR 1.09)

Postage (up to 240g) - Surface Mail (up to 2 weeks western Europe, up to 5 weeks Eastern Europe) - £2.50

- Airmail (3-5 working days to Europe) - £3.00

- Within UK £2

This includes automatic compensation cover up to £34, to get greater cover it will be neccessary to get the International signed for service which is £3.50, it would however be more economical to get the parts sent in two packages. The International signed for service allows tracking untill the package leaves the UK and provides extra cover (>£250). It is up to you if you require this service, I will obtain a certificate of posting for the normal service which should allow compensation claims if for whatever reason the package is not delivered. I would advise using the signed for service for reassurance, I will not accept responsibilty for lost/damaged packages but I will make sure they are well wrapped and will help out in the unlikely event that you need to claim compensation.

I would like to send all the packages via airmail (apart from the UK ones) if this is OK with everybody, just to keep things quick. and all together.

Payment will be by PayPal, unfortunately I will not be able to accept credit/debit cards. Money must be sent as pounds sterling (GBP), paypal has a facility to send money in foreign currencies which should make things easier.

This post is to just get an idea of numbers so things may change, I havent taken into account the postage from ALBS yet. Please do not add "me too" to this list, copy and paste the form below and PM it to me, I will keep updating this thread with numbers. I will send another email to get an exact quote from ALBS next week so please PM me before the 25th.

Nick:

No white knobs:

No grey knobs:

No red knobs:

No transparent red knobs:

No transparent clear knobs:

Name:

Address:

Paypal email:

Shipping method:

International Signed For required:

Any questions then ask them here.

G

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Names/numbers here, I will keep modifying this post.

Grey

TheProf            32

Kartoshka          3

brother303        40

monokinetic      25 

cimo                15

DavidBanner      60             

opkod              17

wicked-E          15        TOTAL =>  207

White

Wise                45

julienvoirin        33

Kartoshka          15

wicked-E          15     

cimo                15

Comandante64  15

ToF                15

Twin-X            20

Goblinz            15

lviklund            50

opkod              17

LaRssA            50        TOTAL =>  305

Red

nige                15

Kartoshka          2

JAICEN            15

cimo                15

unit-sound      15

wicked-E          15

NorthernLightX  16        TOTAL =>  93

I´ll be in for 15 red and 15 grey but must know the end-total-price incl. shipping to germany first before you can count me definetly in  ;)

This is the problem I'm having. I'd like to be able to get a quote with prices for different amounts from ALBS, but as they do not have prices for the knobs on their site I cannot provide this untill they respond to my email or I send them the numbers that we want. The stocklist has a link where you can ask for a quote for each part. At present I do not know how many of each part is required so cannot go through that process. If I end up requesting a quote for people that might want some depending on price then I'm going to run into difficulties as I would then have to change the number that I want. I understand that there are people building these things on a tight budget, but I am running this order the only way that I can (if anybody can see a way round this problem then please post here).

This is why I've given a rough price guide based on information from the American bulk order thread. Cost shouldn't be more than what I have quoted above. I am currently waiting for a price from ALBS, now I know that we require at least 100 parts I shall wait a few days for others to show an interest and then send them a follow up email. From the information I have your order would cost around EUR 26

G

I made an error when looking at the stocklist (I don't speak German!) and writing the original thread on the SID forum. The knobs that I have listed are not transparent, they are opaque, I have found some transparent knobs and they have been added to the list. I will modify the original post and contact those who have already shown an interest via PM incase they want to change their order. The transparent knobs are in very short supply (150 clear ones and 31 red ones). Hopefully this won't effect anyone as there is no provision on the front panel (in the group buy) of the MB-6582 for LEDS to light these things and we would need enough people wanting them to get a minimum order. I thought it was best to let inform everybody on this thread incase they had read the other thread and thought that they would be getting illuminated knobs.

G

I want the clear ones!!! They are the blueish clear ones right?

I did ask about them in the first posting if that counts for anything ;)

I have no idea to be honest, I'm was assuming that those ones were the white/red/grey ones. I think I will now go for the translucent ones too, I wonder if it would be possible to illuminate them from underneath with a custom front panel.... If I don't like the colour then I will sit there with a tub of blue acrylic paint and make them really match the colour scheme ;) I've updated the list with that info anyway. There is every chance that the list could be out of date,,, shall I put you back down for grey if that is the case?

G

how about showing a bit of support for the community and take the risk of paying out a few extra pounds/euros than you might have expected?

Nothin´ wrong with it mate.

The point is, if we´re talking here about a difference of +/- 2-3GP it´s no prob, but is the final price far away from the calculate costs there is one then if I say I take X of them and then you calculate the order of the total amount of knobs then it´s a shame to say "that´s me too much, erease me from the list"

I thing everyone who says "count me definetly in" must taken them also, that´s comunity-mind for me  ;)

Nothin´ wrong with it mate.

The point is, if we´re talking here about a difference of +/- 2-3GP it´s no prob, but is the final price far away from the calculate costs there is one then if I say I take X of them and then you calculate the order of the total amount of knobs then it´s a shame to say "that´s me too much, erease me from the list"

I thing everyone who says "count me definetly in" must taken them also, that´s comunity-mind for me  ;)

There really shouldnt be that much of a difference. The rough price I gave is based on the price in the Ameican thread which was worked out on what somebody had previously pad for some of these knobs.

G

*lol*, know this -but that´s the prob I´ve talkin about.

Okay, count me in like i´ve numbered before and if they´re aviable for 15 clear red ones to ;D

Will do, There's only 31 clear red ones on the stock list so we may be pushing it (if the list is out of date), I'll found out more when I getthe quote. Please can you PM me the details as requested at the start of the thread.

G

Really? The stocklist says there are 31, but as I mentioned earlier I'm not sure if is up to date. Have you any ideas if there are any clear ones left?

Can the people who have requested the transparent red or transparent clear let me know what they would like as an alternative if this is a viable option for them.

Thanks,

G