UK/Europe Bulk order of "Waldorf" knobs for the MB-6582 (CLOSED)

Goblinz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated List

TheProf         

monokinetic     

Kartoshka 

cimo 

DavidBanner   

opkod   

Wise         

Comandante64   

ToF         

Twin-X     

lviklund   

LaRssA     

nige       

JAICEN       

unit-sound   

NorthernLightX 

julienvoirin 

Brother303

Wicked-E

G

Ooooh... My post count is now over 100 so I'm officially an addict, I knew I started this group buy for a reason. *whack*

I've sent off the relay payment today which should clear in 4-5 days, then maybe a week or so for shipping the order to myself. Unless there's any big hold-ups then I should have these all sent out by the end of the month.

Still waiting for payment from one member... Please can you let me know what the problem is as soon as possible as this is getting quite urgent.

G

forget him  >:(

I'm sure there's a reason, probably un-verified bank account or something. I got a quote for an amount of knobs so have ordered that amount. If I don't know the situation before they arrive then I'm going to have to ebay them or put them on the flea-market, I'm sure somebody will take them. I already have 60 coming for myslef, I don't need another 45    >:( ... Although... i could build a Midibox 64  8)

G

Hi.

I'm new to the group. I see there are some unsold knobs here..

Please, are they still available?    I'm interested :-)

Which color? How may pcs.?

My PayPal account is:  suad@sail.hr

Shipping to: Croatia (Europe)

Thanks.

Suad

I'll give them till tomorrow evening to get back to me with a reasonable solution, ie either make payment or to just let me know what's happening. If nothing's sorted out then there there will be 45 knobs available.. 15 white, 15 grey and 15 red. You need a set of 15 to build up a MB-6582 like Wilba's. I'll get in touch tomorrow and let you know the situation

Reincarnate, are you still after some knobs too?

G

hmmm i'm sure you rid offl them w/o problem even make a profit :o

look, THE worst case is sending money by registered airmail... i've done this when i bought c64 PSU from Austria, via ebay when i did'nt knew that man at all.

all came well packed, well taken care of.

I know, it's just annoying to get messed around like this.

You sent money by registered mail?.... You're a braver man than I am! Glad it turned out OK... I only ever use paypal or postal orders when sending money abroad.

G

I didn't expect them to be so bright and so opague, they look different to the picture from the picture on the site. They still look like decent knobs though. If they're not acceptable then let me know, there's some others who didn't get in on the order so I'm sure we can work something out.

G

Apparently I misunderstood "opaque", I thought it meant "not transparent, but a bit (diffuse) translucent". My bad.

As I said I'll need them in my hands before I can make a final judgement. If I'm not going to use them I'll throw them in the fleamarket. I do have some transparent ones spare (I got them waaaay back, might have been the same batch TK got his from) so I'm not panicing  ;)

OMG  :o  this is not at all what I expected to have ordered, I expected knobs that are a little bit translucent (opaque).

I didn't expect them to be so bright and so opague,

Opaque means not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.

I don't know why people were expecting anything less than fully opaque... hmmm.... but I do agree that they are a little brighter than expected. Keep in mind these were taken with a flash bounced off the ceiling... in normal lighting conditions they'll appear darker. I like them a lot... I'm using the red ones on MB-6582 and I really wanted a red that would contrast well with the black and not get lost in the mix with the black panel. I'm considering using green LEDs on my MBFM, so I'll tint the white knobs with some green ink or dye so they look like green versions of the red knobs. Maybe even a yellow-green, like the backlight of the 2x40 LCDs I just bought *whack*

they are a little brighter than expected.

A little brighter, like comparing my lab to a solar flare! ;D I like them though, I think they're awesome. I might have gotten more if I'd expected them to look so nice, and I'm sure others will want some, so you guys who aren't sure, don't worry, they'll find good homes if you don't want them ;)

Gonna have to check here more often...

yes, I'm interested in some of these if they're not what people expected - I think they all look really good.

If there's enough interest then I may organise another bulk buy of these in a month or so, If it's a small order then it may be best to agree on the same colour.

G

If it's a small order then it may be best to agree on the same colour.

I don't think that matters... I think it's the total order size/cost that matters. I'm guessing here, but from talking to them, they told me they'd prefer a few bulk orders to 100 people ordering 15 knobs each. If you're ordering 50+ knobs of any type it should be fine.