UK/Europe Bulk order of "Waldorf" knobs for the MB-6582 (CLOSED)

Goblinz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be best to get another bulk order together as ALBS have said they would prefer this to everybody ordering individually. There's a few people who have shown interest already so I will start to organise another order mid November.

The first lot of knobs have not arrived yet, we've been experiencing postal strikes in the UK so they should be arriving at some point soon when the backlog is cleared.

G

the whole point of the bulk order is that they don't do business with people who want small orders....

No, I don't think so; that's only part of it.

I think the price is most important. You will find a distributor for nearly anything somwhere in the world, if price it not your (main) concern.

And, if I don't know the manufacturer (which I don't, that's why I asked  ;) ) I can't tell if they do small orders or not.

It's not to do with price at all, we don't get a discount for getting bulk orders, we organised a bulk order so that we could get them at all.  These knobs are coming straight from the manfacturer, I haven't found anybody else stocking them.

When it became apparent that we were going to be needing these knobs ALBS were contacted and they said that they wanted us to organise bulk orders as opposed to loads of people making small orders. Companies producing things like these knobs are used to dealing with large orders of parts for the manufacturing business or for retail. I will probably be sorting out some knobs for the x0xb0x which has been mentioned in another thread so can do an order for both this and the SID at the same time.

If a manufacturer of things like this keeps getting lots of small orders for 15 or so knobs when they are used to dealing with requests for hundreds then I can imagine that they may get a bit short tempered. When I initially sent an email asking for a few knobs I didn't even get a reply.

Rest assuered that there will be another order happening soon and I am happy to keep on doing orders as long as there are enough people wanting them (they are very good knobs). If there's a lot of people who already have their synth built up and the control surface and case finished then I will do this order sooner.

Photo's as promised. Before anyone asks, I found out that there were a few (16) translucent red knobs left when I sent in the order, these are all accounted for and unfortunately there aren't any more available.

I should be able post these on Saturday.

G

1696731162_acbe3ee2fb.jpg

1696731228_6439e6b527.jpg

1696731188_f844beab05.jpg

looks good but damn about the translucent ones  >:(  >:(  >:(

...but if it would be "my" bulk order I would taken them for myself altough :P

That's what I am doing... It wouldn't be fair to offer them to one person. They originally said they were sold out but then ALBS mentioned they had some left when I got the PO through. They do look a bit naff when they aren't lit up though.

G

Knobs were sent out yesterday (saturday)

Cimo, I now have your full address and will post your order out in the next couple of days when I get chance to pop down to town.

I will be setting up the next bulk order in the next couple of days so anybody else requiring knobs please post there.

G