LCD 20x4 Crystalfontz : CHANGED to OrientDisplay_Red_Negative

Kartoshka

::::::::::UPDATE::

Read down through the post as we'll probably go for red on black Negative FSTN OrientDisplay LCD.

:::::::::::::::::::::

for the people who want additional one or missed previous group buy.

original price is $34+FedEx_sh per item, that group order got it for $21+sh. they got $21 for at least 20 ordered.

we have hope if we order enough.

CFAH2004A-YTI-JP

just the same one as before.

CFAH2004AYTI_430.jpg

CFAH2004A_back.jpg

List in this topic you name and quantity wanted, like this:

------------------------------

Kartoshka: 1

------------------------------

I'm still trying to work out my colour scheme, I don't fancy using green LEDS for the array as I think they'll be way too bright, just wondering if a green display will go with blue LEDS! For some reason this feels like on of the most important decisions I'm having to make about my MB-6582  ???

G

Oooooh, good price! was thinking black background and blue text though although these are hard to find and the company I have been in communication with reckon that they're really bad to read. Hopefully getting a couple of displays on sample from somewhere *whack*

G

Blue LEDs look cool in photos, but are way too bright in real life and a very bad colour for the control surface, especially against a black background. This is why I'm using red LEDs on my next MB-6582. IMHO matching the LED colour to the display is not that important, if it is to you, get a black-on-white Optrex display from Mouser, so that any LED colour and knob colour will match.

Blue LEDs look cool in photos, but are way too bright in real life and a very bad colour for the control surface, especially against a black background.

I bought a blue screen to match the color with blue led, but if they are too bright....  ::) I will find some low current leds.

Blue LEDs look cool in photos, but are way too bright in real life and a very bad colour for the control surface, especially against a black background. This is why I'm using red LEDs on my next MB-6582. IMHO matching the LED colour to the display is not that important, if it is to you, get a black-on-white Optrex display from Mouser, so that any LED colour and knob colour will match.

I'm thinking that blue or green would be way too bright for the LEDS, thinking about going with mainly amber LEDS with maybe a few different colours for all the various bits and pieces to make things easier to see.

G

:D peeps i'm trying to get order for these, i really like it and if anyone of you gives up on one, i'm ready to get it.

i really don't care about the scheme, i'll go for red/blue leds with this LCD....

but if anyone interested in this type of screen besides me, post here.

Vlad

Any ideas how much postage would be from Isreal to the various regions? It could be pricey to organise a bulk-buy shipping from Isreal to Europe, etc. let me know. The green on black screens do look nice and they are quite bright and easily readable too. I may be interested but it wouldn't be untill I next get paid at the end of October.

G

lol... i'm only organizing people, and if noone will take the shipping part, it'll be on me.  ;)

i do want this screen and i don't see it going ebay.

so group buy is the only (proven) way to cut prices, not mentioning Crystalfontz's FeDex shipping which is a lot for international.

Vlad  :-*

so should i count you in?

I don't want to be a ballache, but is there any possibility of getting a red on black screen in the group buy? I don't know what the price break will be, but i'm sure we can get at least ten people together that want a red one. I've spent too much money on this thing to just go with a standard green LCD that doesn't fit the colour scheme.

I don't want to be a ballache, but is there any possibility of getting a red on black screen in the group buy? I don't know what the price break will be, but i'm sure we can get at least ten people together that want a red one. I've spent too much money on this thing to just go with a standard green LCD that doesn't fit the colour scheme.

It may be an idea to check ou tif these screens are any good, red/black ones that I've seen are very hard to see. I would maybe be up for one though to go with my knobs.

G

STN Red is not really suitable, the contrast ratios are too low (due to the human eyes low sensitivity to red spectrum *geek fact*). I think FSTN would be the way forward for red displays, or something similar.

That said, the standard STN is perfectly readable in any conditions but bright light, so it's worth looking at if nothing else is available.

EDIT: Something like this would be nice, but obviously in the correct size.

CFAH1602WRTI_215.jpg

the contrast ratios are too low (due to the human eyes low sensitivity to red spectrum *geek fact*).

That's brightness and it's only relative to other light (that's where contrast comes in), so it's environmental :)

See the banter in that old lighting thread about space shuttle cockpits and the like, for the juice...

STN Red is not really suitable, the contrast ratios are too low (due to the human eyes low sensitivity to red spectrum *geek fact*). I think FSTN would be the way forward for red displays, or something similar.

That said, the standard STN is perfectly readable in any conditions but bright light, so it's worth looking at if nothing else is available.

EDIT: Something like this would be nice, but obviously in the correct size.

CFAH1602WRTI_215.jpg

Want one!

just wondering if a green display will go with blue LEDS!

Well, I don`t believe that combination will look good. Better make it red blue, if you really, really prefer those blue LEDs. ::)

I always draw my panels in Corel so I can compare side by side all combinations and decided which one looks best. Sometimes is very hard to decide.

Ta-Da!

Have it, please! Jaicen, by your request!  ;)

red on black,  :o Negative FSTN

Orient Display AMC2004A-B-T6WTDR

AMC2004A-B-T6WTDR.jpg

it's page and specs:

http://character-lcd-lcds.shopeio.com/inventory/details.asp?id=1287&cat=Lcds&sub=Character%20Lcd

direct link to it's PDF at orientdisplay: http://www.orientdisplay.com/products/AMC2004A.pdf

Wilba please can you approve if it's good for the mb6582?