SHIPPED: LCD 20x4 for MB6582, red-on-black: Europe order

Kartoshka

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wired up one of these displays last night... very nice... it still is an LCD, you can't overcome the viewing angle problems but it generally does look like kokiPsiho's photos... if you turn up the backlight to max, the black becomes a dark red (as you'd expect)... I'm thinking of perhaps putting some darkish tinted acrylic in front of it... reminds me of the Philips TV I grew up with, which had a red 7-segment LED display behind dark brown tinted plastic.

Funny you should mention it mate, I have polarized sheets on my shopping list for just such a purpose....

I think we (IE, my dad) had that same tech when we were kids... I saw a more recent version, with some kind of mirror-reflective stuff over the display, so it was silver with blue writing. Very 90's but pretty cool!

Is there a way of changing the code so that he middle 2 lines are used? It would fulfill my sense of symetry a lot better!

Kartoshka, Just paid the paypal invoice, sorry it's a couple of days late, I didn't get a notification email.

G

I haven't fully used the four lines on the 4x20 yet... instead I got the rest of the MB-6582 control surface differences done (extra buttons/LEDs) and left this as the last thing to do... yes it's quite easy just to shift everything to the middle two lines but I am hoping to get feedback from users that have finished the MB-6582 about how they might like to use all four lines.

Well.

i received all payments, paid for the lcds and closed the order.

mono-poly is out, for total lack of communication.

with any updates, you should know it.

before shipping the lcds to you, i'll recheck your shipping addresses.

No need to reply correct addresses; only if something wrong.  ;)

Vlad

• 2 weeks later...

update 28/11:

already a week in customs, today i gave them a call.

they said they still not inspected the shipment, and i should talk to them again on Sunday.

???

---------------- [table][tr][td]Into Foreign Customs, November 21, 2007, 8:04 am, ISRAEL [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Arrived Abroad, November 21, 2007, 8:04 am, ISRAEL [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]International Dispatch, November 16, 2007, 11:22 pm, LOS ANGELES [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 15, 2007 [/td][/tr]

[/table]

----------------

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for you, somewhat less good for me  ::)

n696922075_296616_6327.jpg

It was delayed at customs, and it's still there (i've taken the picture while customs officer was inspecting it).

I've been asked to bring the invoice for it to pay customs fees.. so i had to return home to compose it.  ;)

So my plan is to return back TO CUSTOMS tomorrow (maximum at next sunday)  WITH ALL YOUR physical ADDRESSES AND SEND THE LCDS FROM THERE DIRECTLY so i can avoid paying unnecessary fees (they insist on paying them if i take the box home).

They do not accept no arguments - they resist even our group order page.

So, to verify your correct physical adresses, i'll send them to you today (via email).

If you still not received it, please send me yours promptly (via EMAIL too).

Good luck, updates will follow.  :D

-Kart