Evolution UC-33

Guest Dazzystar

I would like to see the RC servo drivers ported to the MB. I am looking to control mechanical musical instruments like band organs and crank organs with MIDI, and pipe chest sliders would be a good use of servos. (Although I could probably use solenoids instead.)

Mickey

Right on!  ;D

I'll pound it out after the board rollout.  If tinkering with the serial version interests you (9600 baud->16 servos per board, addressable to 64 boards) let me know!

Solenoids would be cheaper, but need way more power and are on/off only compared to 128 positions with the servo.  I have some good logic->solenoid drive circuits (from back in my pinball repair days) if you need them.

Have fun!

Smash

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see the RC servo drivers ported to the MB. I am looking to control mechanical musical instruments like band organs and crank organs with MIDI, and pipe chest sliders would be a good use of servos. (Although I could probably use solenoids instead.)

Mickey

Right on!  ;D

I'll pound it out after the board rollout.  If tinkering with the serial version interests you (9600 baud->16 servos per board, addressable to 64 boards) let me know!

Solenoids would be cheaper, but need way more power and are on/off only compared to 128 positions with the servo.  I have some good logic->solenoid drive circuits (from back in my pinball repair days) if you need them.

Have fun!

Smash

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, I think what Dazzy was looking at is the fact that the UC-33 is currently the best option for controlling ableton live on the market. HAving said that, it still doesn't come close to having everything that you would need to control live. THere is about to be a massive degree of demand for a controller that can control Live, and the midibox is actually the best option. Personally i would love to build one, but i am still planning it carefully.

Smash TV, i have sent you a mail throug hyour site regarding ordering components but have not had a reply yet, if you have not received it, please advise and will post in here.

There are actually bits missing from the uc 33.

one major point is kill switches, these need to illuminate in the on position, as you cannot see all your channel eq's in live.

A second point would be a pitch wheel, as seen in bcbox HUI, or some other midi input to  'nudge' (repitch) on the fly.

Daz, you're obviously using Live, so if you or anoyone else have any other control ideas for a LIVE hui, please let me know as i am in planning stage, and this is where we help each other out. should anyone wish to see what i have designed so far as what the panel should look like, let me know and i'll post it.

regards

Dizzy

• 6 months later...