Evolution UC-33

Guest Dazzystar

Guest Dazzystar

Hi All,

This is priced at under £200 or under 300 Euros. Please check www.evolution.com for full specs. Has anyone an idea as to how much a MB offering the same specs would cost?

Cheers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dazzystar

Hi All,

This is priced at under £200 or under 300 Euros. Please check www.evolution.com for full specs. Has anyone an idea as to how much a MB offering the same specs would cost?

Cheers

1 x MBHP_CORE + Power supply

Partlist: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_orderlist.txt

Price of components: ca. 27.5 EUR

2 x MBHP_AINX4

Partlist: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_ainx4_orderlist.txt

Price of components: ca. 2 x 3.5 EUR = 7 EUR

1 x DINX4

Partlist: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_orderlist.txt

Price of components: ca. 5 EUR

1 x LCD

Displaytech 2x16, Part number LCD 162C LED (2x16 with backlight)

Price of component: ca. 13 EUR

BankStick

24LC256-I/P, Farnell Part number 3001696

Price of components: ca. 5.3 EUR

24 pots with knobs

Partlist: see http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_orderlist.txt

Price of components: ca. 24 x .5 EUR = 12 EUR + 24 x .73 EUR = 17.5 EUR

32 buttons

e.g. TASTER 3301B (caps: unknown)

Price of components: 32 x 0.1 EUR = 3.2 EUR

9 sliders

e.g. SCHIEBEREGLER LIN 10 K from conrad, Part #441449 - 14

Price of components: ca. 9 x 1.9 EUR = 17.1 EUR

Vectorboards instead of PCBs

2 x H25PR200

Price of components: ca. 2 x 2.0 EUR = 4 EUR

Case

from the DIY market

Price: ca. 10 EUR or more

Frontpanel

Selfmade: 0 EUR

High quality from Schaeffer Apparatebau: ca. 50 EUR

makes: ca. 122 EUR, or ca. 171 EUR with professional panel

with premade PCBs: ca. +20 EUR

+ a lot of DIY fun :)

+ the possibility to use it as sequencer, as SID synth CS or whatever

When you buy the components in the US, it will possibly be cheaper

Best Regards, Thorsten.

1 x MBHP_CORE + Power supply

Partlist: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_orderlist.txt

Price of components: ca. 27.5 EUR

2 x MBHP_AINX4

Partlist: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_ainx4_orderlist.txt

Price of components: ca. 2 x 3.5 EUR = 7 EUR

1 x DINX4

Partlist: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_orderlist.txt

Price of components: ca. 5 EUR

1 x LCD

Displaytech 2x16, Part number LCD 162C LED (2x16 with backlight)

Price of component: ca. 13 EUR

BankStick

24LC256-I/P, Farnell Part number 3001696

Price of components: ca. 5.3 EUR

24 pots with knobs

Partlist: see http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_orderlist.txt

Price of components: ca. 24 x .5 EUR = 12 EUR + 24 x .73 EUR = 17.5 EUR

32 buttons

e.g. TASTER 3301B (caps: unknown)

Price of components: 32 x 0.1 EUR = 3.2 EUR

9 sliders

e.g. SCHIEBEREGLER LIN 10 K from conrad, Part #441449 - 14

Price of components: ca. 9 x 1.9 EUR = 17.1 EUR

Vectorboards instead of PCBs

2 x H25PR200

Price of components: ca. 2 x 2.0 EUR = 4 EUR

Case

from the DIY market

Price: ca. 10 EUR or more

Frontpanel

Selfmade: 0 EUR

High quality from Schaeffer Apparatebau: ca. 50 EUR

makes: ca. 122 EUR, or ca. 171 EUR with professional panel

with premade PCBs: ca. +20 EUR

+ a lot of DIY fun :)

+ the possibility to use it as sequencer, as SID synth CS or whatever

When you buy the components in the US, it will possibly be cheaper

Best Regards, Thorsten.

MBHP ROCKS!

I would spend extra just to make it my own design.

Although it is nice to save money, one thing that sets uCapps MBHP over the rest is it's possibilities for future upgrades.

The layovers are nice,  could be useful for remembering bank layouts. Make one for Reason, one for Tracktor, etc....

How about LCD's for every knob and slider !!! HA

;D

-Sephult

MBHP ROCKS!

I would spend extra just to make it my own design.

Although it is nice to save money, one thing that sets uCapps MBHP over the rest is it's possibilities for future upgrades.

The layovers are nice,  could be useful for remembering bank layouts. Make one for Reason, one for Tracktor, etc....

How about LCD's for every knob and slider !!! HA

;D

-Sephult

Guest Dazzystar

As the UC-33 comes ready built, with overlays. etc. My question has to be what is the advantage in building something similar?

Don't get me wrong, I love the whole concept of MB but we have to be real about it....there is now a plethora of surfaces coming onto the scene at lowish prices. Why can't we design a Housten and a Mackie clone which is far lower in cost offering an exact copy of what is offered from them? Why, cuz we can't buy P&G faders at the right money...so here's an idea....Let's make a clone of the UC-33 which costs under a $100.00 all in...including the case and pro front panel...offer it as a kit.....and away we go!

Scared!

So am I...but if we operate as a co-op we can make it....I'll chip in....$500 to start

Darren

Guest Dazzystar

As the UC-33 comes ready built, with overlays. etc. My question has to be what is the advantage in building something similar?

Don't get me wrong, I love the whole concept of MB but we have to be real about it....there is now a plethora of surfaces coming onto the scene at lowish prices. Why can't we design a Housten and a Mackie clone which is far lower in cost offering an exact copy of what is offered from them? Why, cuz we can't buy P&G faders at the right money...so here's an idea....Let's make a clone of the UC-33 which costs under a $100.00 all in...including the case and pro front panel...offer it as a kit.....and away we go!

Scared!

So am I...but if we operate as a co-op we can make it....I'll chip in....$500 to start

Darren

Dazzystar, your idea is WAY beyond the whole MBHP filosophy  :'( This project is not just about the cheapest way of getting your hands on a control surface. It's not about starting your own business (utilising Thorstens hard work). MIDIbox is NON PROFIT and for FUN!  ;)

And my Reichelt order will be coming in any day now!  ;D

Dazzystar, your idea is WAY beyond the whole MBHP filosophy  :'( This project is not just about the cheapest way of getting your hands on a control surface. It's not about starting your own business (utilising Thorstens hard work). MIDIbox is NON PROFIT and for FUN!  ;)

And my Reichelt order will be coming in any day now!  ;D

Guest Dazzystar

Robin,

I have no idea what your talking about! I think that if you bothered to read my other posts on the subject of making profit then you wouldn't have mentioned this or even suggested it!

The SUGGESTION was only to ENCOURAGE other MB hobbyists who like me have no electronic skills or programming skills to get a control surface they want. It was purely a SUGGESTION and a way for people around the globe who don't have ready access to either tech skills or electronics to purchase a kit. This kit would be supplied by members such as me at absolutely NO PROFIT WHATSOEVER!! In fact it would cost me and others to provide these kits in terms of time and effort put in!

Darren

Guest Dazzystar

Robin,

I have no idea what your talking about! I think that if you bothered to read my other posts on the subject of making profit then you wouldn't have mentioned this or even suggested it!

The SUGGESTION was only to ENCOURAGE other MB hobbyists who like me have no electronic skills or programming skills to get a control surface they want. It was purely a SUGGESTION and a way for people around the globe who don't have ready access to either tech skills or electronics to purchase a kit. This kit would be supplied by members such as me at absolutely NO PROFIT WHATSOEVER!! In fact it would cost me and others to provide these kits in terms of time and effort put in!

Darren

Darren, first of all, let me say that no flame was intended towards you. We are all here for the fun!

What I don't understand is that the whole MBHP  already IS a kit on its own. Thorsten did all the hardcore programming and component design (which saves you from taking an electronics course). Mike can make you the PCB's (so you won't have to mess around with chemicals yourself). There are even parts-lists provided so you don't get the wrong parts.

All you have to do (well, it''ll be a lotta work  ;)) is solder and design your box.

What I see in your post is this:

Why can't we design a Housten and a Mackie clone which is far lower in cost offering an exact copy of what is offered from them?

Which I read as: I want this functionality for less $$$. Or am I not right?