riia phono preamp

cimo

hi

any idea about a good proven diy project for a possibly riia phono preamp, with easy to find components, sounding ok not necessary audiophile, i need it for timecoded vinyls but i d like to feel free to play some normal vinyl as well.

There are so many in the net but i can t really choose any .. and they go for so cheap on ebay as well, about 15$ each ...

have you ever built one?

txx

simone

hi cimo,

here is one with a small amount of easy to find components.  i can't vouch for the quality because i haven't built it yet, but it's on my list of things to do.  i also can't tell you where i got it from because i don't remember.  i have a record player that i would like to build this directly into with 1/4" outputs on it, but i haven't played around with how to steal power off the record player itself yet.  if you build this, please tell me if it's any good.

ultra

riaa_schematic.gif

Dear Cimo

Try this one:

http://sound.westhost.com/project06.htm

I've built two, on perfboard, to make a pair of DJ decks work into line inputs, for some local kids - they sounded quite good. He has PCB's available cheap too.

If you fancy a whole preamp, there is a nice design on the site as well.

Best wishes

• 1 month later...

for the chronicle..

i ended up buying 2 "pyle pro" at ebay for 20 euros each with shipping.. i had too many projects sitting on my desk and i needed to play with my new setup (ms. pinky) last weekend... it s all good i haven t tried to play normal vinyl yet..

thanks for the info anyway

simone