Knob orientation (Re`an knobs)

Sasha

Prof: Neutrik (USA) also told me that P401 is discontinued. Either they're out of sync, or they just don't care enough to make the effort to sell Re'an. A few days ago I got this directly from Werfo:

We are pleased to advise you that your requested Encoder models "P401" are in our standard sortiment, in hard- and softtouch with grey or black body and with D6-Fit .

Please notice also the Encoder model "P301" additionally with different color caps. See our website www.sulzerchemtech.com (path:Sulzer Werfo; Re'an; more information; product overview; push-fit encoders).

<snip>

I'd like to reiterate that I don't want to annoy them with five of us going in and requesting small-potatoes quotes all for the same stuff at the same time. So ... let's instead dream a little ... maybe we could do up the motherlode Re'an order that would put DIY on their map!

I have a little bag of samples at home.  I'm going to pull them out and snap a couple of pictures tomorrow night.

I'm presently waiting for samples of P401 to arrive.  Perhaps by that time we will have a better picture on some other stuff we might like to order as well.

So ... put your thinking cap on.  Remember that it's best if we order up all of this stuff at once.  I am not insisting on being the guy who does it, although I am willing.  Why don't you list some Re'an knobs you like enough to take 50-100 of.  Talk about the colours you like and dislike. Talk about what knobs are useful and useless for MIDIbox stuff.

In a few weeks I'll have my P401 samples (sorry I don't want to act without 'em), and I will be able to verify the quality of the samples I already have.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.

Why don't you list some Re'an knobs you like enough to take 50-100 of.  Talk about the colours you like and dislike.

I wanted to order some of their knobs from ebay, but now I`m going to wait to see what will be here. I`m also thinking about using them for x0xboxes, and will probably ofer it to the people that are building x0x in Serbia. I`ll make my wishlist.

I was thinking to use few colours of P300 and P301 (for tempo) on my 808.

P301 for tempo and "instrument" encoder too. 8)

Nebula: please ask for the P670 knob model too, black knob with orange or white pointer, that combination alone could add at least another 38 extra knobs to the order for each mb808er joining the group buy!

Nebula: please ask for the P670 knob model too, black knob with orange or white pointer, that combination alone could add at least another 38 extra knobs to the order for each mb808er joining the group buy!

For these, Rapid do them from stock. If you're not in UK, I can get some on one of my regular orders

http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?tier1=Tools%2c+Fasteners+%26+Production+Equipment&tier2=Fasteners+%26+Fixings&tier3=Knobs&tier4=16mm+soft+touch+knob&moduleno=64710

The P401 is sold in multiples of 1000.  I am already asking what the minimums are for other products.

Last night I checked my samples at home.  I have the 3 Flexi-fit knobs: F311, F313, F317.  They are all nice to look at and feel great in operation.  I took some pictures.  I think I would like to also order some F311 or F313 knobs.

Pics to follow

Last night I checked my samples at home.  I have the 3 Flexi-fit knobs: F311, F313, F317.  They are all nice to look at and feel great in operation.  I took some pictures.  I think I would like to also order some F311 or F313 knobs.

I've used the flexi-fits. they are excellent, and mean you can harmonize your control knobs across both spline and 6mm spindles. The only point to watch is that they may not do a fit for 0.25 inch ( 6.3mm).

For these, Rapid do them from stock. If you're not in UK, I can get some on one of my regular orders...

thanks for the offer TheProf, I wonder how much could cost a tracked package from UK to Mexico city though.

...I will check, but that Rapid price is pretty inexpensive, and you can get exactly as many as you need. 

And another cheap source here:... 

good sources!, thanks! ;D, the intention was to have those knobs available on the left side of the pond with the reduced volume and shipping cost if any, that is if there is enough demand from the mb808ers... which seems to be null so far

• 2 weeks later...

I received (from Switzerland) several of each: P401 in black, P401 in blue, and P301 in black with a few different accent colours.

I am not completely sure why yet, and I'll probably be emailing Werfo about this, but the P401 in black seems to be the only knob they of all the samples that doesn't feel like soft-touch.  The blue ones do.  All the P301s feel soft and rubbery.

I need to look at the part numbers of what they shipped a little more closely.  If we're to order P401 in black, the group will be dissatisfied if they are the same as the sample I received.  If the black P401 is the correct part number, then I have received samples from a bad batch.  They just feel hard and cheap compared to all the other knobs they shipped. :(

More details to follow (I'm at work right now)

If the black P401 is the correct part number, then I have received samples from a bad batch

I think Re`an can`t allow themself to have bad batches, and especially to send bad samples to potential buyers. I guess that knob is just hard touch type. They usually felt and look cheaper than soft variant.

Awaiting for more info/pix and hope we can get those nice touchy ones.  ;)

I haven't been able to snap any pics yet. My wife has had me busy the past few nights (Christmas trees, that sort of stuff). Today i brought my camera and the knobs to work (the only place i get to relax) and the battery is dead in my camera. So I'll try again tonight.

I'm not in a huge rush to do this, with the holidays coming up and all.  I say let's get the ball rolling within the next few days, but we probably won't start collecting money until January.