BankStick X2 ready to etch, can anyone verify the layout?

sineSurfer

Hi, I thought about training myself tu use Eagle app doing a BankStick  for 2 chips, and then some more, like 1, 2, 4, 6 ,8 to cater for anyone needs, easier to etch than stripboarding, at least for me ;D

So, can anyone more experienced than me(almost everyone here I guess)tell me if I got this one right please?

bankStickX2_thumb.jpg

1724_bankStickX2_jpgae0da8def1a375f3bcd4

The only reason I could come up with for wanting a Bankstick board with less than the maximum amount of memory would be size - so, I'd try to get the board a bit more compact if I were you :D

BTW, there IS an error in the board. Both ICs have all address pins dragged to ground. See http://ucapps.de/mbhp_bankstick.html to fix this. I added a layout I just threw together, toi give you an idea about how to minimize size a bit.

The second picture has the right IC mounted to the other side of the board, reducing size even further :D

These layouts do not have mounting holes in them yet. I merely posted them to give you an idea of what I think you should go for.

bs_2_thumb.png

bs_2_2_thumb.png

1726_bs_2_png210bffd60b3c6b8f48b6c035de7

1730_bs_2_2_png4cb362602333825564ab3b585

BTW, there IS an error in the board. Both ICs have all address pins dragged to ground. See http://ucapps.de/mbhp_bankstick.html to fix this. I added a layout I just threw together, toi give you an idea about how to minimize size a bit.

Yes, noticed that error too, hard to read that tiny schematic ;D

The second picture has the right IC mounted to the other side of the board, reducing size even further :D

These layouts do not have mounting holes in them yet. I merely posted them to give you an idea of what I think you should go for.

nice examples there!!! still a lot to learn for me, the good thing is that I'm getting to know the program :)

i'll guess it will be hard to improve on your design, but i'll come back with some more, thanks!