SoundWell rotary encoders (like ALPS STEC16B, "Voti" encoders)

Wilba

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimp, did you took off the spring completely or you just flattened the "teeth"

I`ve removed the detend spring completely and noticed the encoder is little bit bouncing compared to unmodified encoders. Maybe it would be more stable if the teeth is just flattened with the pliers, but than rotation is not so smooth.

Jimp, did you took off the spring completely or you just flattened the "teeth"...

i bent the spring down out of the way, so theoretically it is reversible, though i plan to never try it.

i haven't exhaustively compared them for electrical stability, but mechanically they are far better

Just a little update for the second run: 700 pieces so far:

2007-11-29 aeiou42 100

2007-11-29 Enth 100

2007-11-29 wicked-E 100

2007-11-28  mrmeana 100+

2007-11-28 Jack 100

2007-11-30 Dave 100

2007-12-14 Steve 100

The MOQ (minimal order quantity) at soundwell is 2000 pieces, my MOQ is 100, because there is

a lot of extra work involved. Wilba told me the encoders will come disassembled with washers and

nuts in extra bags.  Counting and packaging will take a while.

Hope you understand.

:)Frank

• 2 weeks later...

some time this happned with cheap enc that i find in local store here, in rome, if you make it non detented, the pot rotate too fast and not with a little resistance.

i like non detented enc always, just for menu enc i like it det.

uhm.. but if this enc are cheap, due to the bulk order, and are good non-detented, my above 'declaration' is false..  :P

There is still good resistance after removing detents.... and I think more resistance (and nicer feeling) than removing detents from the ECC/Voti encoders.

i found they give a bit less resistance than the alps and alphas, but i like it better this way.  there is enough resistance to hold them in a particular position, but they are easier to move.  i had to replace 3 alphas in my mb-6582 already (some of the tabs broke off) too bad, though, that now i want to replace the other 12 so they match in feel.  these things are a major PITA to remove, even after cutting the leads off...

Does anyone want to sell me a couple, say 25? I didn't join the bulkorder because I will never use 100 of these and have stocked up enough on other stuff, but I need a couple, and voti is more expensive even though the shipping is local. If noone is willing to part with some I'll just order them from voti and no offense will be taken ;)

cheers,  Alex.

[pre]

1100 pieces so far:

2007-11-29 aeiou42   100

2007-11-29 Enth     100

2007-11-29 wicked-E   100

2007-11-28 mrmeana 100+

2007-11-28 Jack     100

2007-11-30 Dave     100

2007-12-14 Steve     100

2007-12-14 Echopraxia   100

2007-12-25 Wild_Weasel 100

2007-12-28 ganchan   100

2007-12-31 lief138     100

-----------------------------------------

====

Happy New Year to all Midi-Friends!

[/pre]

It's time now to confirm the inquiries made by you. :)

If you like to order a set of 96 soundwell encoders, please send me your real name and shipping address

per personal mail.

In order to survey the status, I have linked an image of an excel sheet which I try to keep updated.

Because Jason told me, the encoders are packaged in trays, it is simpler to ship 96 instead of 100 pieces.

Try Reload frame in your browser to see the newest update of this image.

orders_soundwell_encoders.png

Does anyone want to sell me a couple, say 25? I didn't join the bulkorder because I will never use 100 of these and have stocked up enough on other stuff, but I need a couple, and voti is more expensive even though the shipping is local. If noone is willing to part with some I'll just order them from voti and no offense will be taken ;)

cheers,  Alex.

Thanks for all the kind offers, I've been helped out so no need to offer me any more ;)

Cheers,  Alex.