MBHP AOUT_NG module release

seppoman

Hi,

I'm very happy to announce the official release of the new AOUT_NG module :)

seppoman:aoutng.jpg?cache=cache

The AOUT_NG is an 8 channel 12 bit CV out module. Main reason for this new module was the high price and bad availability of the MAX525 DACs used on the AOUT module. The NG features (almost) comparable performance for much less money, plus the added benefit of an integrated bipolar mode option (configurable per channel) and a bridgeless dual layer PCB.

Documentation can be found here: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/aout_ng

PCBs and kits are now available from SmashTV's shop.

Happy midiboxing,

Seppoman

P.S. Happy birthday TK :)

Double-Congratulations to Seppo for the nice design and "Happy Birthday" to TK! Actually the newest addition to the MIDIBox family is quite a nice present for TK I believe - it's a clear sign of the awesome spirit in this community!

Hi,

thanks all for your comments :)

Is it planned to inform Mike (Midishop), so that he can offer this as an Midi-Kit in his shop?

the PCB layout is double sided for several reasons (better signal quality, smaller size, no bridges, logical layout etc.). Because of these reasons, I have no intention to create a single sided version. So as long as Mike only sells home-etched single sided boards, he won't be able to sell the NG. But I don't think this is very limiting - if someone from Europe wants one, then just order it from SmashTV anyway. Smash's boards are similarly priced but professional quality. The only drawback are slightly higher shipping costs.

Seppoman

• 2 months later...