Midibox Of The Week: Sink fled after hearing MBSIDV2 by SounDuke

SounDuke

Not an Aston Martin like the mb6582 which are being produced by everyone ^_^

2049975651_77fe1eca9a.jpg?v=0

there is a cutted mb6582 baseboard inside, and the white square hole will probably accomodate a xy pad  or a Glcd with pic based oscilloscope.

Sorry for the photos, I have to dim these leds and throw away my mobile phone camera.

2049975655_023ff9e852.jpg?v=0

2049975677_1aaae7b61c.jpg?v=0

2049975671_b8cd8e055b.jpg?v=0

2049975663_dca6219a5e.jpg?v=0

Thanks to all who made this possible, TK, Smash and Wilba and of course the community ;)

Thank you all ^_^

I wretched a Casio and cutted the keyboard part, breadboarded a core and  1dindout for the mini keyb matrix. I use the same systems for doors to put the mbsid over the keyboard in korg ms20 style (not shown in the picture tho).

Nils: I think I'll put something more useful than a lfo display there ^_^ the panel design is 1 year old as V2 was released after I received the panel from schaeffer :(

Hey Duke, your SID looks awesome, and I agree with surfer, it really looks like vintage Russian sint.  :)

Few questions...

Can you tilt the SID towards you or it is fixed to the keyboard?

What kind of knobs are those? I think similar is used on some Roland groveboxes but white.

Can you please show how you cutted PCB looks like?

thanks everyone :D 

Can you tilt the SID towards you or it is fixed to the keyboard?

What kind of knobs are those? I think similar is used on some Roland groveboxes but white.

Can you please show how you cutted PCB looks like?

I tried to hook the keyboard to the synth  after I shot these photos but the synth is heavier than the minikeyb ^^ I must put some sustain plexiglas cylinder on one side as soon as I have time ^^.

The knobs feeling is not very good, I took these at RS electronics because they were cheap, therefore not very robust too..

about the pcb, I'll edit this post with the images as soon as I go back to my home. Honour to W for the idea and for the cutting of the baseboard ^^

Cimo: grazie, the casio I used was sa-65 found on ebay, midiboxed thanks to qbas sm and vel driver (thank you very very much qbas).

• 2 months later...