MB-6582 analog output

norfair

Is there a software way to route the output of all modules to one jack

Not built in ... but you can make one  8)

does it absolutely require a 4 track mixer to use all the modules simultaneously

yes. 4-track-Stereo, if I count right.

greets

Doc

Hello!

I have been wondering about the analog output on the 8-sid MB-6582. Is there a software way to route the output of all modules to one jack, or does it absolutely require a 4 track mixer to use all the modules simultaneously?

Thank you :)

there is a passive mix out, J70.  but pretty low level output there...

you can read about it here:  http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582

(currently the last item on the page)

What’s the purpose of the J70 header?

This is a passive mixed output of the four stereo channels, which you can connect to the small phono jack above the power switch. Totally optional.

This was a late design idea I threw into the prototype, the resistors below each audio socket are used to connect the audio signals together when there is no plug in the switched audio socket, i.e. it will only mix those sockets without plugs. You need to connect it together with insulated wire under the board though.... I didn’t want to mess up the ground plane with tracks. Basically join four unused pads together in two rows.

I used 10K resistors there because that’s what I’ve seen before in passive mixer designs, but the output is very attenuated, and I am guessing that you could drop these to 1K or less, as the outputs of the audio buffers after each SID can probably handle that. Someone with more audio electronics (and SID!) knowledge can probably answer that question.