Sequential Multi-Trak vs/ Six Trak for MIDIbox control

nebula

Need to know, perhaps somebody here can help me:

The Six Trak and the Multi Trak essentially have the same CEM3394 synth voice.  Back in the mid-1980s I rented a Multi-Trak and loved it... and now I'm in the market for a used one.

The question:  is the Multi-Trak able to do real-time parameter changes over MIDI? 

I really would like to make a MIDIbox64 with a full knobby representation of the Multitrak voice, but if it can't do real-time by CC or Sysex, then I think I would be better off getting a Six-Trak (which are a little more common, does real-time parameter changes via CC, has the same CEM3394 voice but lack a few of the Multi-Trak's features).

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I don't actually have a Six-Trak, but I just assumed the sequencer could sync to MIDI.

I'm looking to pick up one of the 2 keyboards.  Then I want to build a MIDIbox64 with a virtual front panel of all the parameters - essentially the same for both synths.  The problem: I know that the Six-Trak is capable of doing real-time parameter changes using CC messages.  As I understand it, the Multi-Trak is not - but maybe it can do it via SysEx?  If so, that's cool, but if not... I need to go Six-Trak.

The Multi-Trak adds velocity, an extra octave on the keyboard, a sexier design, a slightly improved sequencer, and a stereo chorus on the output.

• 3 weeks later...