x0xb0x rare parts

dj3nk

I AM NO ABLE TO HOLD THIS POST UP TO DATE AT THE MOMENT. PLEASE REFER TO THE POSTINGS. SORRY

Hi,

somebody of you may have seen the talk about the rare parts which are used in the x0x in another thread yet. What I wanted to do is:

- List all needed rare parts in this thread

- List supplier of these parts

- List prices for the parts

I am going to talk with Sasha what modifications he did so I can post a list of the needed parts. I think they should be almost the same then in the original x0x.

If anybody already knows where (or has) these rare parts to sell it would be nice to post into this thread something like this:

PART NAME:    transistor blablaba

SUPPLIER:      smashs mum

AVAILABLE:    1256

PRICE:        0.11$ / 10 pieces

0.09$ / 100 pieces

0.08$ / 500 pieces

COMMENT:      perhaps shipping costs etc............

So we'll get a better overview off all the parts we need.

I'll add a list of the rare parts in this first post and will write all prices, etc. in a table located in this FIRST POST OF THE THREAD. So if you have the possibility to get a part write it down in the thread like seen above and I'll put it in the table. On the end we should have a nice list with all parts in it.

TABLE OF PARTS THAT HAVE BEEN LISTED IN THIS THREAD

(ordered from up to down like the thread; no prices until we know the cheapest suppliers)

TheProf

LA4140

BA6110

AD6562 (LM358)

LT300014T261K0J

FT232

ATMEGA162-16PU

b-funk

an5452

2sk30a-y

xicon greenies

ba6110

ba662a

2sc2291

2sc1583

ls4140

TheProf

Grayhill switches, The FT232's, the encoders, and most of the pots

b-funk

"parts i have some spares from:"

an6562

ba6110

2sc2291

2sc1583

some 2sa733p (high hfe)

few 2sa733a

some 2sk30a-o

some 2sk30a-y

several capacitor values (xicon greenies)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First run at finding some bits:

Prices quoted are each, including VAT

LA4140 Cricklewood Electronics    1 off £2.35

Vintage Planet              1 off  1.40 Euro

BA6110 Cricklewood Electronics    1 off £4.11

Vintage Planet              1 off  2.75 Euro (a winner for now!)

ChipForBrains on Ebay sold me 10 pairs 2SC1583 / 2SC2291 for $56.90 delivered. works out at $5.70 per pair.

AD6562 is an LM358, (National Panasonic later changed their part number to reflect this - I used LN358 in my Oakley TM3030: they work fine).

If you really want the original, Vintage Planet have them at 1.4 Euro

LT300014T261K0J 1K tempco resistor Farnell, UK, 1 off, £1.50, 25 off, £1.20, 100 off, £1.16

I have a Farnell account and could get these - other synth makers may want them too - they are used in a few other things, Like Fonik's SSM2044 filter board, and Jurgen Haibles Tau Pipe Phaser.

FT232 (USB Chip) Farnell 9519769, 1 off £4.58, 10 off, £3.91, 100 off, £3.42

UPDATE! from http://www.ftdichip.com/ they are £3.85, no price break before 100 off then £2.87

from Digikey, £3.80

ATMEGA162-16PU 8-BIT MICRO 16K DIL-40 RC:-  Rapid, 10 off. £2.50

I have a programmer, and don't mind getting a batch and 'loading' them. You'll have to wait until I build my board before dispatch though, then I can test them.

The Greyhill Hex switch may be a small problem.

If we can get over 25 switches, (easy) the Digi-key will do them for £2.46 though I'll need to add some other parts to stack the order over £100 to get free shipping.

What quantities do we need anyway?

For sourcing the parts I used list from the ladyada website, and it was helpful enough. Ebay is the good source too.

As the Mike said getting Greyhill absolute encoder might be small problem. It sells only in US, but can be ordered from newark or digikey.

I find harder to get non-rare parts from US than rare ones. All rare parts are small and can be shipped easily, but digikey asked me 170$ to send me smallest parcel. That is insane. But, as the shipping prices are not the same for all countries we better organize some batch.

The Greyhill Hex switch may be a small problem.

What quantities do we need anyway?

I would probably need more than 30 myself. There is alot of x0x builders in Serbia. I found a distributor from Newark but they say they are getting goods over Farnell so 16GBP are added to the price from Newark+VAT+custom taxes+their percentage (20%) so at the end it end up pretty expensive compared to the original price not to say VAT is payed 2 times. So, I think some other option would be better for us here.

i think all rare parts are located...

it´s funny, but i have more difficulties to get some common parts, for example the 6mhz and 16mhz ceramic resonators  ???

can i use crystals instead ? or can someone give me a hint where to get them?

for parts in germany:

an6562 and 2sk30a-y -> reichelt

xicon greenies (mylar caps) -> banzaieffects.com

ba6110 -> ebay

ba662a -> vintageplanet.nl

2sc2291 and 2sc1583 -> ebay (right now chipforbrains sells pairs of them)

la4140 -> ebay

best wishes,

tobias

i think all rare parts are located...

it´s funny, but i have more difficulties to get some common parts, for example the 6mhz and 16mhz ceramic resonators  ???

can i use crystals instead ? or can someone give me a hint where to get them?

RS do them at about £0.30 and £0.40, but they are packed in 10's.

I might be persuaded to do a batch pack of things like Tempco's and resonators. If Sasha wants me to get the Tempco's from Farnell and mail him a batch then it will put us in the money discount - wise.

I have located a major UK distributor for Greyhill. They need to find out the MOQ for these switches.

If I did this formally through my company, it might be a way of preventing the 'Double VAT' effect, on some items, though I would have to put a small mark up on the items to cover the company - the tax man gets funny if you do too many things for no profit at all.

the tax man gets funny if you do too many things for no profit at all.

same happened to me at customs with lcds... they couldn't believe there's commmunities which driven by no profit interests.

i'm in for every batch/order/kit for the rare/not rare/sasha exclusive parts.

if i can help somehow with anything, i'd like to.

• 4 weeks later...

xarolium, that is great source! Thanks man! The prices are pretty low compared to any European source I managed to find.

Do you know do they ship only to France? I don`t speak French  :-[

From their Website:

Union Européenne et autres pays d'Europe: EU countries and other countries of the european continent

- Commandes jusque 79.99€: 7€ Orders up to 79.99 -> shipping 7€

- Commandes supérieures à 80€, port offert Orders over 80.- -> shipping payed/free

Greets, Roger

hi sahsa =)

Union Européenne et autres pays d'Europe:

- Commandes jusque 79.99€: 7€ (up to 79.99 pkg is 7)

- Commandes supérieures à 80€, port offert (over 80 ??)

Amérique du Nord (Canada et USA)

Les frais de port sont au forfait de 9€ quel que soit le montant de la commande.

pkg is 9€ regardless of the amount of the order.  8)

tnx scream, port offert was hard to understand :p

uhm.. well, adafruit take 6 month for a kit.. i think that if the bulk for all parts will be before this time i will buy only the pcb from them, not so cheap but that is.

here i've linked 2 files:

http://www.inventati.org/ganchan/MIDIBOX/x0xb0x/asl.html a list of the parts that i've find on www.alscomposants.com like suggested. the page is orrible but is useful i hope.

http://www.inventati.org/ganchan/MIDIBOX/x0xb0x/BOMasl.ods the BOM list with red marked parts founded on the site.

probably there are some error in the cap values..

if you have some other sites where to find parts in EU i will list.  8)

Been doing some more parts scouting. The best solution for some of the 'odd fit' parts is for me to do a lrge order to Dig-key, which will have free postage to the UK.

I could get the Grayhill switches, The FT232's, the encoders, and most of the pots - all of which are PCB fit critical.

I can get the resonators from RS if need be.

Note, Grayhill switches are in short supply.

Mike

I'd be willing to post things out from the UK if this helps. Rapid online are a good supplier in the UK I'm not sure if they do the resonators but I'll check on the parts list at some point. I also have a friend who has an account with RS so may be able to persuade him to do some ordering.

G

@mike

i´d be in a bulk order for the grayhill switches, encoders, pots, and resonators.

all other components i already have here, some of them in quantities that allow me to swap or sell to people who can´t get those..

parts i have some spares from:

an6562

ba6110

2sc2291

2sc1583

some 2sa733p (high hfe)

few 2sa733a

some 2sk30a-o

some 2sk30a-y

several capacitor values (xicon greenies)

the ft232 is available at segor.de for 5.80€, at quantity of 10 it costs 4.76€

how much does it cost at rsonline? maybe it´s cheaper to get them at segor, what i could arrange, because i´m there quite often, which would save us postage for one way...

best wishes,

tobias

Mike, once again... you are very welcome to help us get the parts, but be sure it wont have negative affect on your business. I remember you were mentioning something about it.

Note, Grayhill switches are in short supply.

How short it is? If they don`t stock much of it, isn`t an option to wait for "stock refill", or how it`s called.

b-funk:

I would take every part you have in the needed quantity to build my x0xb0x.

What costs this set ? Could you make more such sets for others ? How much of these ? How can we pay you ?

Who would be in with TheProfs offer ? I think its on the time to get the lists ready sooner or earlier.

thaaaaaaank you for your support