x0xb0x rare parts

dj3nk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, kartosh and goblinz, tomorrow i will send to all the price for the digikey. if we want to collect the x0x rare too inside it, we must wait until i found them and see if it'z cheap than take it form Prof per ex all together.

little update, source in IT for 2SC1583, 1,40euro. 3 chips, shipping to me incudes (12euro), for 3 people, are 8.2 euro + shipping to them country.

problem is, takeing parts from different sellers have high shipping cost even if the parts are cheap but:

for sure i will take some from dalbani if Prof do the bulk, because some only dalbani have, but 2SC1583 are 9.10euro there!

i think i need a super calculator at the end of the game, my calc paper it's become too bigger! :P

update:

2SA733AP NEC NEW 100 6-9 days 3.05$ -> 305.00$

2SA733AP NEC NEW 500 6-9 days 0.73$ -> 365.00$

2SC536F Sanyo NEW 1,000 6-9 days 0.345$ -> 345.00$

update:

2SC945P Price: €0,10 in IT, €6.50 shipping up to 3kg!  ;D

2SC536F Price: it depends on order, but i hope €0,10 like above chips, same shipping!

update:

2SC536F at €? (€0.10) & 2SC945P at €0.10. Shipping €6.50. (i'm buying some for test if are genuine).

2SC2219 at €1.54. Shipping €10.00. (if i buy 10 will be €2.10 each).

2SC1583 at €1.40. Shipping €12.00. (if i buy 30, x0x need 3, will be €1.80 each).

2SC1583 at $0.73 (if n°30). Shipping $8.35 or $12.45. (if i buy 30, x0x need 3, will be $1.028 each. The source is cpcare).

2SK30A(Y) at €0.84 & 2SK30A(0) at €0.76 & AN6562 at €1.25. Vat 17.5%. Shipping £5.50. (This are the only things that i haven't find for cheap in IT. The source is dalbani).

AN6562 at €2.10. Shipping €3.90. (if i buy 20, x0x need 2, will be €2.295 each).

LA4140 at €0.43 & BA6110 at €0.86. Shipping €4.00. (they have just 8 ).

2SA733AP i've requested many quotes, buy just one had answer:

2SA733AP NEC NEW 100 6-9 days 3.05$ each -> 305.00$

2SA733AP NEC NEW 500 6-9 days 0.73$ each -> 365.00$

Please don't PM me! I will post an .xls .ods soon. Just read and think about!

I've been out of action due to illness but am back on now.

Updates: the firsm I placed and order for some rare parts with seem to be a bust: they took the order, emailed an acknowledgement, then nothing. 3 weeks now. They don't reply to emails, and when I ring, don't pick up the phone. They haven't taken from my card, however, so I think they may have no stock - anybody can have a cheap price when they haven't got any to sell. For now I'm assuming the worst and looking elsewhere.

I will be doing an order to Digikey, because I'm holding funds from Sasha for that, but I need to make sure we're not splitting things without need.

Am I right in thinking that a mouser order is need for some of the pots?

Hope to be back u to speed in the next few days.

I have a Farnell account, so the tempco's are easy from here - as are the resonators.

Best wishes to all

Mike

Mike, welcome back. Hope you are all right now. Sorry to heart about rare parts.

Am I right in thinking that a mouser order is need for some of the pots?

I think mouser order is necessary as seams only they have those double pots and also 733P are also there. Not sure about the shipping price to UK. Have you ordered ever from mouser?

When I was looking for some nice jacks I stumbled across this website www.smallbearelec.com.

On their homepage it says:

An Importer, Exporter and Agent

We can assist overseas customers by supplying parts from U.S. sources, like Mouser, New Sensor, and others.

So I guess they can help us get the parts from mouser at reasonable shipping price. What do you think of that option?

Just checked their shipping rates: not free over £100 like Digikey, but not bad at $25 for Fedex flat rate for any size of order.

I did a bit of checking on the VAT situation. If I do the deal through my electronics company, which is VAT registered, I can do zero VAT exports to countries outside the EU. Which  :D includes Serbia. If our Italian contingent have a friend in the Vatican City, that is too!

Other odd bits of europe which are zero rated are:

#  The Aland Islands

# Andorra

# The Canary Islands

# The Channel Islands

# Gibraltar

# Mount Athos

# San Marino

# The Vatican City

Just a thought in case anyone might have a way of saving a few Euro's.

I can balance the order, hopefully, between Digikey and Mouser, making up other odd bits from the UK.

I think I need to knock up a text based order form in the next few days, and we can go from there.

By the way, Rapid do the quite good Neutrik Jacks - and I got 50 in their last bargain offer. Neutrik Jack Sockets. They are almost as good as the legendary Rendars, (as used on old Marshall amps).

Smallbear are way cool - sorted me the missing bits for my Oakley TM3030 very fast indeed.

Speaking of which: At least I do have some small consolation whilst waiting to start my x0x. Now with flashing lights, (guess which supposedly professional electronics engineer put 4 LED's in backwards?). All I need to do now to attach a keyboard and tune it, oh and .... please can I have some case design lessons Sasha?

TM3030test_thumb.jpg

TM3030LEDs_thumb.jpg

2246_TM3030test_jpg3caf258e83dc87b88b418

2248_TM3030LEDs_jpg87052d26bfc94f0ae940f

Just checked their shipping rates: not free over £100 like Digikey, but not bad at $25 for Fedex flat rate for any size of order.

I guess you are talking about Mouser or Farnell? $25 is great price especially for group order. Who is eligible to use flat rate shipping? Only those with registered account?

I did a bit of checking on the VAT situation. If I do the deal through my electronics company, which is VAT registered, I can do zero VAT exports to countries outside the EU

I would like to know can you send it as a gift in that case, or you must send it with a receipt as you are sending it trough your company? I would rather pay VAT to you, and not local VAT + import taxes + customs check fee + local delivery from customs to my house. All that I need to pay when parcel is not a gift and if it is coming from a company.

I can balance the order, hopefully, between Digikey and Mouser, making up other odd bits from the UK.

I think that would be great. That way we could save on shipping.

I think I need to knock up a text based order form in the next few days, and we can go from there.

If you need, I have registered project at mouser, and you can use it for ordering the parts that mouser stocks. Some common parts might be missing from the list because I have them in local shops but I need to check it.

By the way, Rapid do the quite good Neutrik Jacks - and I got 50 in their last bargain offer. Neutrik Jack Sockets

Does that type fits the footprint of ones needed by x0x. If they fits Wilbabeast they fits x0x too. Another good offer.  :)

Smallbear are way cool - sorted me the missing bits for my Oakley TM3030 very fast indeed.

I find this long searched jack for a very good price. Very common type of jacks on factory gear but pretty hard to find (at least for me) It looks very minimalistic and much better than any other that I`ve seen including those Neutrik you offered but it don`t fit all the designs. I want to use it on my MB808.

16PJ509.jpg

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=576

Speaking of which: At least I do have some small consolation whilst waiting to start my x0x. Now with flashing lights, (guess which supposedly professional electronics engineer put 4 LED's in backwards?).
Each one of us here did all kinds of stupid mistakes. Sometimes I just can`t believe what I did and start laughing at myself, or cursing if I damage something. I usually make mistakes if I`m excited about what I`m making and can`t wait to finish it. I have smile on my face, imagining it working and doing sh** with soldering iron.  ::)

please can I have some case design lessons Sasha?

I would be honored to give you some lessons If I could. I don`t even have an advice until I see something and I can say what would I change. I said once how I realize my designs... I usually have no money to order all I need and start building something soon, so I have plenty of time to draw and develop the idea while waiting. Another thing is I`m sick of perfectionism, so each time I look at my design I say: hmm ...not good enough, and continue working on it. Eventually, after alot of time and not good enough`s, I become satisfied with what I did and actually start doing some serious preparation for crafting.

So, I dont see myself as someone specially talented, I think I just have good taste and work hard to satisfies my perfectionism. Also, you have to have great need to do something exceptional and better than it is usually seen among DIY people. Reward for effort is very good and it pays off at the end.  :)

Good to see you back Prof. Will this Mouser order include all parts, just not including the rare ones? Please count me in either way. It looks like the MB-6582 kit waiting list is quite long so I'd like to make a start on this in the meantime. Prof, I've been PM-ing you for a while, I'm guessing you haven't picked the messages up if you've been ill. Do I still owe you for those encoders? I thought I'd sent it but when I checked through my Paypal and don't have a record of the payment going through.

G

hey Goblinz, i've PM you too 'for a while'.  :P where i suggest you to take part on mouser if Prof do. it's cheap than digikey.

i've a list of all parts that you can buy on mouser if you need, only few things are digikey 'only' but Prof probably can order over it too.

so i can stop waiting for you on my bulk?  ;)

i'm collecting some rare too, let me know.

sure, i will :)

x0xBOM updated on 03 06 2008 for prices and obsolete.

here there is my BOM for mouser of all the parts that you can buy, hope will help.

there are 2 kind of resistors, 1% less noise, 5% original 303 ones.

there are 40 + resistors 10k ohm for leds, you can mange them.

there are fo 74HC* different options by manufacture.

include the Pots, so if you don't want the x0x original you can omit.

obsolete parts are replaced.

just copy/paste into mouser inport BOM from the 2 columns like this example:

595-CD74AC174E 1

mouser# (space) Qt

must go to work now  8)