C64 Power Supplies (110v/60hz version)

i45one

What is worse, a crosspost or a post saying there was a crosspost that was deleted by an anal retentive moderator and now everyone wonders what it was and whether it was worth deleting?

I know, it seems silly to remove a post and then replace it with something which seems equally superfluous... But in typical stryd_one form, I will answer a question with a question:

What is worse, a post saying there was a crosspost that's gone now, or no such warning, and people crossposting all the time? or....

What is worse, a crosspost deleted without notification and consequently re-posted, or at least being polite enough to tell someone where their post went? Yeh sure, I can PM them, but that often makes people feel threatened.

There's method in my madness :)

Why would anyone wonder what it was? It's a crosspost, it was the same as the one above. Now someone sell this man a PSU already! :)

Edit:I know you were joking about, but it was a valid question!

• 6 months later...

My second-last C64 power supply just bought it.  Don't forget, if you're using an original Commodore "brick" power supply, do NOT LEAVE IT on a carpet!  No air flow underneath = overheating = dead power supply.

So ... time to bump this thread ... I still hope to participate in this bulk order!

FWIW: the 7-pin "C64-style" jack isn't all that hard to find over here.

I got my 7-pin DIN jack from Digi-Key. 

The one that I got was p/n 275-1021-ND.  It's now a non-stock item but it still shows a minimum of 1 piece, so it would be worth phoning them about.

They also have a shielded version, part # 275-1026-ND, which should also work great. It's discontinued, 631 still in stock, $1.52 ea USD.

Other board-mount 7-pin sockets seem to differ in the spacing of the two front mounting pins.  The other variation, with the more closely spaced front pins, are a bit more common, but you could probably just bend them or break them off and still be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I contacted Ted at surplustraders.net to see how many of these PSU's he has left in stock. Here is his reply:

We are not able to supply your requirements at this time, sorry....it has been sold out. Ted

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that this source has dried up. I plan on doing some more research to find another supplier. If I find anything I'll post it here.