Bulk Order Rules

cimo

Ganchan,

don't be silly, man!  ;D  ::)

almost every order is a headache thing to do - so at least take enough money from people so you play on the safe side - in balance at least. I hope nobody minds paying a euro or two more for letting somebody else to take care of the order. You really don't have to explain your calculations.

my word,

Thanks for organizing, it's not an easy task.

;)

I do something similar to what ganchan suggests.

If someone is to pay me $X, I first add the fixed $0.30 PayPal fee and then multiply by 1.0351966873706.

This way, I receive exactly $X after PayPal takes it's 3.4% and then $0.30

Example:

I want $100. I request ($100+$0.30)*1.0351966873706 = $103.83

PayPal receives $103.83 and then takes 3.4% of it ($3.53) and then a further $0.30, putting $100 in my PayPal account.

1.0351966873706 is equal to 1 after after you reduce it by 3.4%.

eg:

1=x*(1-0.034)

1=x*0.966

x=1/0.966

x=1.0351966873706

I vote we call it 'Wilbas Constant'. He can be up there with Max Planck and Avagadro.

I also suggest that it be rounded up to 1.04, that way it will help towards the cost of all the parcel tape that we forget to factor in!

LOL, think that one needs adding to Wikipedia!

wilba had you understand if paypal take the 3.4% over the original valule, or over the value recived + €0.35?

PayPal takes the 3.4% from the amount sent by the sender, then after takes $0.30 (for Australian dollar account), it takes different amounts for different countries.

I vote we call it 'Wilbas Constant'. He can be up there with Max Planck and Avagadro.

Sounds good, but it's not a constant!

Just to make things even more complicated, it's sometimes less than 3.4% if the sender is in the same country as the receiver and sending from a PayPal balance (not from linked bank account or credit card).

I also suggest that it be rounded up to 1.04, that way it will help towards the cost of all the parcel tape that we forget to factor in!

My goal is to request $X and receive exactly $X. If you change this "constant" then you're effectively charging more for larger orders when the cost of packaging, tape, etc. is not proportionally more. It is better to just add $1 per order (include it in postage costs) and then request a total that includes it, after applying the "($X+$0.30)*1.0351966873706" formula.

I use a spreadsheet for all this, so it's really easy (I'm not spending hours with a calculator!)

.. after phineus experience :

x) Paypal may close your account if all this summing money smells bad to them.. contact Paypal first? /use another way to gather the money?

..phineus wanna add something?

This has been a common experience to may Paypal users i have read about at http://www.aboutpaypal.org/forums/. I'm not sure why Paypal so readily closes people's accounts and puts their money on hold without reason.