Confession/and plea for help

droolmaster0

I'm not trying to jump on the bandwagon by any means, but im going to make these points clear:

I don't feel that I can just return the thing unless I establish what's wrong

You already have established "whats wrong", you bought an illegal product, you mentioned that in your first post!

I made a deal with the fellow, and that to me is my word - and one reason that I am known as an honest trader in the synth community is that I always keep it.

You made a deal with a dishonest trader, why would you give him your word?

If you really want to be an honest trader in the synth community,

you will send it back and demand a refund, as you and the seller are a huge threat to the diy synth community.

If he tries to screw you yet again, then take the case up with paypal buyers protection.

That would do justice for us, and hopefully get the seller banned!

Stop ignoring the fact that you know whats wrong here.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, now I'm pissed after the "really friendly community" comment......

droolmaster..... get a fvcking tissue and wipe your mouth off cuz here's reality....

1. We all help out each other here cuz we took the time, blood, sweat, and tears to build our own.

2. This "IS" a friendly community cuz we all love the knowledge gained from working on these projects from the ground up.

3. Yea, you can build your own if you're not afraid of picking up a soldering iron, and taking the time to do this. all you need to know is how to draw.

4. If you take apart the shit you paid for, do some fvcking research, you'd be able to find the answers you're looking for, but don't ask us for help.

and lastly, if you read the GPL, you would know that none of the hardware or software can be resold without TK's permission, so your purchase from the thief made you an accomplice. Just like if you bought a stolen product from a thief that stole said product from soneone's house. think about it. What would a COP do to you after learning you purchased "hot" or stolen property from a fvcking thief?

It has been stated, that we, as a community, refuse to help someone that has bought stolen IP off TK for capitol.

Hell, we're even lucky that TK even made all this public under his license, otherwise he'd prolly be making a killing like that asshole that sold you that pile of shit.

>:(

droolmaster - I think with your story you should have been prepared to endure a few negative comments without starting to insult everyone, then you might have had at least some chance to get help. Obviously this wasn't your choice, so I don't see why you couldn't ask the seller for help out of moral considerations??? He's done something illegal that you're at least tolerating - but even if you had e.g. bought some Roland or Korg gear and some button stopped working, why would you NOT ask the seller about that issue? Technically he's both the manufacturer and the vendor so nobody else but him can be your contact on this issue.

and lastly, if you read the GPL, you would know that none of the hardware or software can be resold without TK's permission

ARRRGH - t_xen, while I agree and sympathize with your post in general - when will people stop spreading this myth??? You won't find any mention of GPL in the source code of the uCApps projects anymore. The current license is "Licensed for personal non-commercial use only. All other rights reserved." GPL DOES mean you can use software for whatever you want including commercial action as long as you provide every source code (ever heard of commercial Linux distros etc?), but there is NO GPL here!

Read TK about that: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,6216.msg78214.html#msg78214

S

People of midibox.org.

I am not happy with you guys today (it will fade in one hour though ;)).

Now we will never get a chance to retrieve the sellers email adres. This could help me block his IP on all site's as the forum holds an ip database related to the email adress he signed up with.

People of midibox.org.

I am not happy with you guys today (it will fade in one hour though ;)).

I agree. I think if we could of handled it better, we may have convinced this guy

to send it back and get a refund, and if the seller refused to do so,

he could of filed a claim with Paypal Buyers Defense.

The case could of being investigated, and the seller would more than likely be banned for selling illegal products.

If people didnt come on and insult him straight off, we could of used this guy to help us put an end to them being sold, at least from this seller.

And even arrange maybe an alternative, like say if someone on here offered to sell a SEQ in the future,

which met TK's apporval, i.e. the money would be used on another project or in a way positive to the community.

If the guy absolutely had no interest, the time, or the capacity to build his own.

At least that way the buyer has a chance of getting a Seq legally, so we'd be helping him, and he'd be helping us back, by returning the product to the sender, or leaving bad feedback, and also filing a claim if the seller gave him shit

Not many people would not have the honesty to come on here and confess like that,

he could of pretended he built one himself, and asked for help, and nobody would be the wiser.

If we treated him with more respect (which is hard to do i know), we honestly could of getting him on our side and help us put a stop to these sellers.

smithy wanted me to share my pov,now here it is:

this thread is SAVAGE UTTER DISREGARD of this WHOLE community here   , pls leave , abandon  ;D

You see, you fail to see my point.

Im not backing this guy up at all! You seem to see me siding with him, NO!

People like you coming on insulting him does nothing positive for the community.

Especially when you hijack other peoples threads.

If we managed to get someone like him on our side we could catch the sellers by the balls and possibly get them banned.

That would be one of the best things to happen to the community, i'd see it as a victory anyway.

Now mouthing some guy off is not going to achieve that, hes going to get pissed off and wont be willing to reason with us.

NOW do you see my point?  lol

1. You can't get him on our side. If he had any motivation to be on our side, he would not have bought something he knew was against our spirit. See his first post, the title of this thread, etc. He seemed to pre-empt our reaction to his illegally obtained MIDIbox from the start.

2. There's misplaced anger on both sides. He didn't bow down to your demands of turning to the good side to help defeat the evil blue lantern and now this thread is turning into a series of "what if" scenarios. In short, I don't care about what could have happened. I've already tried turning one of blue lantern's customers to the good side, it didn't work, and if the offer of a practically free MB-6582 can't get someone to help us then nothing will.

3. Blocking blue lantern's IP would do nothing.

Can we now go back to pretending blue lantern doesn't exist?

Or if you must, check out his latest auctions and take your bitchfest to the chat room.

I agree 100% with W's comments. Help was offered if he wanted to help us, but he didn't want to learn or play the game.

But there is something else at issue here too. Our integrity as a community and as individuals.

Terms I have heard used about this and the way to deal with have included "cunning, manipulation" etc. This is not how I'm used to seeing things work round here. We need to hold our heads up high and not stoop to any level (i.e. we don't stoop at all we just walk tall) to get what we want - it's people doing that sort of thing that got us here in the 1st place.

I for one prefer the direct approach, it's better for Karma and it's better that anyone thinking of buying an Ebay midibox can see upfront that they will get no support here.

and it seems to me that if anyone should be offended, it should be him

you're wrong, and it's why here it's a place called community.. (friendly or not, I let you free to think what you want).

I know, really no doubt about that, that there is a lot of work behind the "non-commercial" behaviour (who don't "pay", so..), and none is obliged to enter this funny game, if don't want to deal with this so simple rules...

It's not so honest to choose a game, then the rules of another one, no?

and let say that since there is a "MIDIbox sale request" in this forum, I see that TK most of the time say "yes"...

keep it calm, so..

I'm curious to see the box you bought...and which former (or not) member is behind that..but probably it's a guy that didn't ask anything here, if he intend since beginning to re-sell his gear...

sad...

If you're so innocent, don't hesitate to follow the TK advise, or find your way to make this desagreement useless to notice...you have to discover that there is some kind of life in your new Seq, and it will give you really fineand unique feedback as soon as you will show some interest for what is inside...something human, no?

And one more time, most of us have started to build their first MB with none knowledge...

1. You can't get him on our side. If he had any motivation to be on our side, he would not have bought something he knew was against our spirit. See his first post, the title of this thread, etc. He seemed to pre-empt our reaction to his illegally obtained MIDIbox from the start.

In this case it does seem like a lost cause alright, i agree.

But i think if someone comes on here in the future, who actually didnt know it was illegal when buying it,

and found out afterwards....

Lets not do a "Playbo$$" and jump down their throats straight away!

2. There's misplaced anger on both sides. He didn't bow down to your demands of turning to the good side to help defeat the evil blue lantern and now this thread is turning into a series of "what if" scenarios. In short, I don't care about what could have happened. I've already tried turning one of blue lantern's customers to the good side, it didn't work, and if the offer of a practically free MB-6582 can't get someone to help us then nothing will.

3. Blocking blue lantern's IP would do nothing.

Can we now go back to pretending blue lantern doesn't exist?

Or if you must, check out his latest auctions and take your bitchfest to the chat room.

I will re-emerge for a correction of the facts. As stated in my original post, and repeated - I did NOT know that these were not supposed to be resold when I purchased it. I purchased it because I had heard about the sequencer. I only found out later about this prohibition. At least if I am to be a villain, villainize me with the facts.

I will re-emerge for a correction of the facts. As stated in my original post, and repeated - I did NOT know that these were not supposed to be resold when I purchased it. I purchased it because I had heard about the sequencer. I only found out later about this prohibition. At least if I am to be a villain, villainize me with the facts.

If we show you the facts, will you then send back this illegal product?

Its the honest thing to do and you'll be respected for it.

Ok so lets clear up a fact: You did not know when you bought it, but you knew before you asked for help here right?  Maybe Doug Wellington could help clear this up a bit for us?

I would like to retract the harsh response that I gave.

I just felt like I was being offended.

I admit that at times I'm known to jump off the handle.

After giving sometime to think about what I had posted, I kinda feel a little embarrassed about myself.  :-\

Anyhow, I'm going stay off this thread cuz my reaction and other ppls reaction doesn't represent the spirit of this community and I feel a bit guilty for the post that I made.  :-[

Ok so lets clear up a fact: You did not know when you bought it, but you knew before you asked for help here right?  Maybe Doug Wellington could help clear this up a bit for us?

That is correct. I made the deal before I knew about it. I am not lying, and I'm not sure what Doug has to do with this.

But what I said yesterday is still true. I don't think that I can carry on a discussion here without being insulted, but if anyone wants to email me privately, that's fine. If no one here can understand that I do not feel right about turning on a dealer who has been friendly and honest with me, and that I do not feel that the situation is exactly analogous to theft, then you'll have to demonize me and leave it at that. I'm NOT going to be able to build one of these, and I"m not going to argue the point - I'm being asked to give up the sequencer in order to get help with it, which seems a little paradoxical. I'm sure someone will now insult me and point out the contradictions in my post. So be it. If you want to have a rational discussion with me - email me - but don't email me to elaborate on the insults that have already appeared here.

...I don't think that I can carry on a discussion here without being insulted, but if anyone wants to email me privately, that's fine.

don't use a few bad posts to excuse yourself from answering the others.

wanting to take it private smacks of dishonesty.

If no one here can understand that I do not feel right about turning on a dealer who has been friendly and honest with me,

if he's being friendly and honest, then he will no doubt help you with your issues.

and that I do not feel that the situation is exactly analogous to theft,

TK has already answered this.  This seller had no permission, therefore this is theft.

I'm sure someone will now insult me and point out the contradictions in my post. ...

equating the pointing out of contradictions to insults is beyond childish

if he's being friendly and honest, then he will no doubt help you with your issues.

If the dealer was being friendly and honest, he would not of sold you that illegal product in the first place Drool.

Please dont back up the dealer, the truth is:

He screwed you over, and badly too.

Not only is it illegal, but the product is faulty also.

If i were you, i would defend my rights as a customer to get refunded for a poorly built product, that is a breach of license.

Cant you see its the correct thing to do?

don't use a few bad posts to excuse yourself from answering the others.

wanting to take it private smacks of dishonesty.

TK has already answered this.  This seller had no permission, therefore this is theft.

equating the pointing out of contradictions to insults is beyond childish

Ok. That's it. The notion that I am willing to discuss this privately is dishonest  is pretty out there. You guys have such a pack  mentality going here - it's quite impressive. Who can insult me in the cleverest fashion....the thing about private emails is that it's one to one, and people actually listen. That's not what  happens here.

gWho can insult me in the cleverest fashion....

Drool i havent insulted you once in this thread, in fact i actually backed you up with regards insults...

yet you seem to ignore my posts.

Please answer me this.

Why wont you use your Statutory rights, and get a refund for being totally ripped off?  ???

If you did this from the start, then youd have a much better chance of buying a SEQ legally in the future.

Anyone can request to sell a Midibox, and once TK believes there is no profit to be gained and that its positive for the community, he will nameize the sale.

He has done this many times already, and he would do it again.

Now go demand that refund before its too late, for your good, and the good of the midibox community!

If the seller gives you any hassle whatsoever, you can claim with the Ebay buyers defense.

It only takes one minute to do this, and your claim will be investigated.

And we'll all be there to back you up, and get you the justice you deserve as a customer.