Confession/and plea for help

droolmaster0

so what, i consider myself a collector too . I collect JBL parts, vinyl, integrated circuit, analog guts everything so what.  :P

at least the shady business you do has a new shade to it ... "fuck off" ... lol !!...

at the end Im right cause I wanted to leave the topic as it is, I suggested to lock it, everyone could see your "help me this is my emailadress i prefer doing my shady stuff privately" as well as everyone can see your emailadress on google doing this thing .

Your 'collector' dismissal was very well intended as an insult in this context, and you well know it. You don't even have the courage to admit it. I gave my email address publicly to do shady stuff? That's a lie. You're a fucking liar - you know perfectly well why I did it. It was to avoid all of this shit - to just speak with people on a 1 to 1 level, without this macho 'let's all see who can insult him the worst' and 'let's all see who can defend Thorsten the best'  bullshit.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sheesh... i thought it would be easy.... simply explain the concept of midibox.org

I give up....

He has a good grasp of the vernacular (engrish).... so I guess he's in the U.S.

However, he is not listening to what we have to say to fix his problem.... sorry to talk about you in the 3rd person.. but....Send it back... or learn.

otherwise...

TK.. or Smash or TwinX... kill this guy... block his posts....

Sorry, I won't post on this issue again..... (maybe)......(kinda.. sorta)

Yeah - at this point, I'm out of here

Again? How many times is this?

, which is what everyone wants anyway, unless someone posts shit, which I may choose to comment on.

You're either here to learn or here to keep fighting the unwinnable fight (against us).

The basic point is - I want nothing at all to do with you gang of assholes,

And yet you're still here. Obsessive much?

and so even if I wanted to give this a try, would NEVER come back here and ask for help. If anyone, anywhere, asks me about my experience, I will volunteer it. And I may just volunteer it anyway.

Please volunteer your experience here to everyone you can, tell them we're all assholes here, go rant in every other synth forum you can find, as there's no such thing as bad publicity and it might keep away lazy old farts like you with nothing better to do that pick fights they can't win. Be sure to post links to this thread, so people can see how nasty we've been.

The notion that someone can't build me one of these privately, is ludicrous, and whether it is against someone's wishes or not, I don't fucking care.

And yet you're still here. Obsessive much?

It's really none of anyone's business.

It is if you're here asking for it to be done. Go find a poor electronics student on some other forum then who will solder for cash.

I'm not talking about selling on Ebay.

Irrelevant. Explained many times. It's not about the money, it never was.

If someone gave you that sequencer, you'd be in the same situation, just not bringing up the whole resentment towards Flavio.

The very notion that I couldn't get someone to build one for me (even if he wanted to) is offensive to me.

Offended again? And yet you're still here. Obsessive much?

You expect other people to build your DIY gear because you're too old, stupid, blind or retarded to hold a soldering iron, and when we refuse because it's not our way, you spit your dummy and throw a big tantrum and call us elitist assholes. You've been so obsessed with getting what you want without lifting a finger and bothering to learn anything that you totally overlooked the help and advice that was offered. Instead, you would prefer to disagree with what we believe here than adopt the DIY ethic, and taking offence when people disagree with you. I tried playing nice with you, but it's over now.

So fuck off all of you.

So fuck off yourself. This is my forum.

you're right Wilba not to let this guy pronounce the last words.

it's a great feeling on me when I see that toward this dangerous ( ;) ) troller, people from here are in the same meaning, and all arguing for the same thoughs..

I take this episode as a good catharsis.

I propose the next strategic:

silent mode...goin back to our prefered activity, and let the troller arguing alone in this thread: the wall won't fall cause of a frustrated yuppie writting some insane graffitis on..

I can't win - if I answer I'm a troll and lose, and if I don't, by default, I lose. But I think that any careful reading of everything that I've said here will show that your characterization of it is quite misleading and false. I'll assume unintentionally. Now, see, in order to defend myself, I'm being obsessive, and because I claimed that I was gone, etc, etc...but it's more important to you that I be labeled a villain than that what you say has truth value, so I'm sure that correcting your own errors isn't very important to you.

Now, see, in order to defend myself, I'm being obsessive, and because I claimed that I was gone, etc, etc...but it's more important to you that I be labeled a villain than that what you say has truth value, so I'm sure that correcting your own errors isn't very important to you.

Wow.  Get over yourself.  Nobody cares about you, whether you're a villain or a saint, an idiot or a genius.  You don't need to defend yourself, because ... well ... nobody cares.  There's a lot of really cool stuff happening in the MIDIbox world these days, and although you are welcome, we don't need you.

I'm posting here because I would like you to understand my opinion of the DIY ethic:

If you actually take the time to do something yourself, you can't help but contribute.  You will ask questions that nobody has asked.  You will notice design oversights that nobody has noticed.  You will perhaps post pictures of your implementation, which will be a little different from everybody else's, and we will all learn from your mistakes and your great ideas.  This is a collaborative community, where we all benefit from everybody else's experience.

You want to offer nothing but money for MIDIbox, but nobody wants money for it.  We want to make MIDIbox better, and your money does nothing to help that.  The community wants your intellect and your insight.

You seem like an intelligent guy, and I am going to join the masses here and say you really should try building.  It's not as hard as you think.  If you are technically-minded enough to wire up a computer and a MIDI studio, you can do this too. 

The collective insight of programmers, electronics people, musicians, designers, and tinkerers has made MIDIbox devices really great.  Nobody has asked anybody for a dime, and changing this policy this would alter our entire dynamic - instead of being collaborators end-users would become "consumers", to whom the builders and designers would become accountable.

So ... I'm curious about your take on this.  Honestly, you're repeating yourself so much I'm beginning to wonder if you're trolling.

I've been watching this thread a quite long time now, and I think it's my turn to make a statement  ::)

1. Something general: please stop cursing. I can't remember who started insulting, and I actually don't want to know who started offending and who started feeling offended.

2. There was nothing "wrong" with buying the MB_SEQ at eBay if you really didn't know about "midibox" and that non-nameized selling midiboxes is illegal. The point where we would have liked you to do something against BL was when you have written your first post. At that time you *did* already know the story behind midibox and at that time you *should* have been aware that what you did was not  legal/ethnically right.

I can fully understand you. I don't know how I would have behaved if I were you. You see this nice sequencer at ebay, buy it, and suddenly there are some guys you have never known before and want to yo return the sequencer and start legal actions against BL.

BUT:

3. We are all a huge family. We (well, at least some guys) have contributed so much to our community. we have worked hard and shared our projects. Especially TK! We made it open-source, so that everyone can build a midibox himself. Of course, everyone can buy a sequencer/synth/midicontroller, but the possibilities midibox offers you are GIGANTIC! That's why we all have decided to build one, the way we want our midibox to be (e.g. optical).

...I'm wandering from the subject... the point is, that we have all contributed our work and experiecnes for FREE! That's how it works and that's the only way this project can survive. I don't think that e.g. Behringer has that many employees with great ideas  as the community has. And it's just not right, that some other guys make profit with our knowledge and work.

regards

matthias

somebody needs to throw this guy a bone..... I agree Wilba / Moxi...... If you look back at your / my posts from a few years ago... I was a newb... was lost, but somehow through the help of the community  I GOT IT !  And believe me, I'm not an expert on MIOS or C or anything else it takes to customize a MidiBox.

Does not seem Droolmaster(Gene) is willing or able, and I guess we can't really fault him for that (given he understands the MidiBox paradigm ) ((and I'm not quite sure he does))

again, just my .0125 Euros.....

gb

ps... what is that Ben Folds Five song.... ' the battle of who could care less'  ? Oh that's right... I can play that on my MIDIBOX!!!  Thank you TK!

You ROCK!