How to upload files in the wiki

Ahh Seppo, only some people (like you and I) have access to upload ;)

If you want an image or zip or something uploaded, then you can send it to "MBWiki dawt Upload aht gmail dawt com" (i hope you can see the email address there... don't want to link it and become a spam magnet) and I will upload it for you. I check the address every 5 minutes outside of business hours, and usually upload very soon after that.

If you want to upload some information, please try to make it in wiki format, because I can do conversion from HTML but I am very busy so it will cause delays :(

Derr I'm daft, should have read before I posted...Sorry  :-[

I must admit that as I typed I was thinking, that error sounds like a wiki bug from the server move (someone did say that it was read-only), but I've just tested it out and it's working OK, so I guess it is a permissions thing.

.... Except that I've just discovered that I don't have permission to delete stuff from the wiki. Doh!  ;D

[me=stryd_one]calls out.... "smaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaash?"[/me]

hahhahaha

I must admit that as I typed I was thinking, that error sounds like a wiki bug from the server move (someone did say that it was read-only), but I've just tested it out and it's working OK, so I guess it is a permissions thing.

It's not unlikely that it has something to do with the server move - TK's post was shortly before the server move, so perhaps the new entry wasn't ported correctly.

.... Except that I've just discovered that I don't have permission to delete stuff from the wiki. Doh!  ;D

I noticed that, too, when I uploaded some wrong AOUT_NG pic once. Don't know if that's possible but it would be nice if one could at least delete files you have uploaded yourself and no other page is using.

S

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to play the resurrector of threads but... What are the chances of those of us with upload permissions, also having delete permissions? I understand it's a wiki, and that removing files completely might not work out, but maybe there's an invisibility tag or something?

The problem is, that the Wiki configuration tool doesn't display the access group name. So, instead of comfortably enabling "Delete" permission for "Frequent Writer" group, I get "Group 1", "Group 2", "Group 3", ... "Group 9" presented, and can only make a guess if you are in the appr. group or not...

I changed this now for "Group 9" - please check. If it doesn't work, we need to test other groups.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 months later...

Hi hopefully this is the right place to ask this.. I think I may need to have the upload permissions setup for me for the wiki.  I've been writing instructions for XCode 3 and access via svn and I have several images ready to go, but the popup file manager window only allows me to select other peoples pictures.

Thanks,

Kurt

Email them to MBWiki.Upload@gmail.com and they will magically appear on the wiki.

This reminds me: on Friday I found some VERY old files thet were emailed but never uploaded - they'll go up shortly; if you're one of these people I apologise! Had PST file corruption last year and lost them :(

How long does this magic usually take?  I've given it 10mins so far.  Are there any tricks to this emailing?  Does the subject line help create a namespace or anything like that?  Does my email address need to match some list that the receiver has?

Seems like it could be done where its relatively spam free.  Some kind of required syntax to the subject line perhaps.  It's a shame that it relies on human interaction.  I'm impatient and when I get the itch to write documentation, I like to add lots of pictures.