Getting the CORE and DINs to operate on Chan 2

Guest elPaharo

Guest elPaharo

I am trying to get my DINs and CORE (midio128) to operate on channel 2 instead of channel 1. I modified the midio128.ini and ran the make.bat which produced a new midio128.syx. I then sysxbox 'd the file into the CORE via the usb to midi interface. The LCD display indicated that the CORE accepted the load. I re-started the CORE and tested. Problem is all the output is still on channel 1.

Is there a howto file that I missed on doing this or is it something I should know by breathing magic air. I waved my rubber chicken over the midibox CORE but it still didn't work right.

What should I have done.

Another F'en newbie!!!!!!!!    :'(

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 keyboards and I need one to work on Channel 2. When I go to the mk_midio128_syx folder I get a "midio128" folder which is the "ini" folder. However, when  I click on the file to edit it, I get this message at the top "This is an example init file for MIDIO128." Where is the real "ini" file? Also, after I edit it, do I simply run the "Make" program to upload it? One post suggested using Pearl. I have dowloaded this program, but have no idea how to use it. Am hoping there is a simpler way.

By "example" they mean it is a full and complete INI file as an example. What you get by default when you first load MIDIIO128 is compiled in as part of the program. I believe the example INI file will configure MIDIIO128 to what those defaults are.

Save a copy of midio128.ini under a different name. Edit midio128.ini to get the configuration you need and save it. (Just do a few lines to make sure you are getting the result you want before doing everything.) Run make.bat to generate a new midio128.syx. Check the date to make sure you have updated the SYX file. Use something like SysExBox to upload the SYX file to the MidiBox. Once you get the hang of it you can generate a new SYX and upload it in less time than it took me to type this message.

I have keyboards working on channels 1 & 2! However, when I play the Great keyboard, it is off by a major third. When I play "C" I get an "E." I have been tweaking the midio128.ini file, but to no avail. I am sure there is an easy answer, I am just missing it.

I would suggest working with just Middle C until you get a handle on things. Middle C is MIDI Note 60 decimal or 3C hex. Once you have Middle C sending the right note then you should be able to do the rest.

However, I note you say you have channels 1 and 2 working but you specifically say that the Great manual is off by a major third. This seems to suggest that the Accompaniment manual is right and the Great is off by 4, Middle C playing 40 hex rather than 3C. Are you doing this by musical pitches or have you looked at the actual numerical values being sent in MIOS Studio or MIDI-OX?