DigiKey Bulk Order (CLOSED & TRASHED).

ganchan

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,10617.0.html

here is the link of the start.

we are collecting orders for DigiKey (it.digikey.com for now) to go over a value of 150€ for a free shipping.

i will buy some optrex LCD (the old topic was about this) for 100€ + or -.

in the link there are some my suggestions for the order, but all good and bad opinion are welcome, i'm totally open to previus experience, so if you are not in the bulk but want to say somthing about, please do it.

i've suggested this two postal standards:

a) insurance mail: http://www.poste.it/postali/assicurata/prezzi_estero.shtml

b) priority mail: http://www.poste.it/postali/prioritaria/tariffe_estero.shtml

i can send small package up to 2000g in a small boxes, square or cilindrical, like posters box.

i list here the points required:

send me a PM with:

a) all the parts and in wich quatity you need, if you wrote the digikey n° or the prduct n° it will be cool.

b) if you had just try to place an order on the digikey's site, wrote me how many € are and the WEB ID number & ACCESS ID number of the order.

c) tell me your complete address. i'll go to the post office with the list of all addesses, and i will ask for eachone how much are the shipping, relative to the weight and the type of expedition requested. i need a way to calculate the wieght (we can think how).

d) it would be good if you tell me how much are the taxes applied in you country for incoming intems from another country, and customs too. Here, in italy, we have 20% (IVA) + customers tax that is variable, they start from 5€. I've never paid for, but just from china (motherboard) 15€ on 100€, and from usa, but the value was 450€.

e) explain me wich kind of paymant you can do, paypal, bank transfer, moneygram etc.

f) say how soon you would like to arrange this order

- the reason for d): if the order will be 250€ in ex. the IVA (if it will be applied, i hope NOT) will be splitted to all peoples, 20% of 250 it's 50. the rightest thing would be split in % of the previusly payed. hard to calculate.

- the second reason for d): if in your country taxes are lowest than in italy, we can think about, but all this work will be pass from me to another person. i don't like this kind of passing through of an order because of responsability, but we can debate about not?

- addendum: i've ask to digikey from where the items arrived. if they arrived from an EU country or IT 20% IVA is not applied at 99%.

the order will be complete when i will calculate the additional costs (probable IVA), and all participants agree with this ones

i will suggest just TWO shipping metod like described, Prority and Insurance. It will be change by the weight of the box.

ask to digikey.

i think each of these orders should be considered as different project of same person they ship to, and therefore mixing parts from different projects in same bag is highly unwelcome and i hope digikey understand this and can shop multiple orders to same person w/o charging shipping multiple times as per order basis ;D

news:

we are 3 for now.

items are for 180€ + or -.

digikey say that they pay for IVA and i must pay for it when items will arrive. i'd asked them some questions about.

there are 2 more persons pending, i will pm them and wait.

Perhaps I'll order with you. When are you going to order ?

when i'll calculate the exact additional cost for each one and all agree with this, i can assume in 2 weeks.

see update at post n°1

• 2 weeks later...
sasha, your black on white lcd?

Ganchen, As Prof offered big bulk order from Digikey and as he did me a favor receiving some money over on his paypal account I would rather get it from him. Still waiting for an answer. If Prof not doing that order I`m in if I don`t late.

sure, no problem.

i will do another digikey order in the future (some month) ordering some other lcd. if you need your parts just now you can join obiviusly, or we can just do another one later.

i will do another, if this go right, because i don't want to spent all money that i have for porjects for lcds that i will use after 6 month or later, than i order just things that i need now.

p.s. sasha, what about cool panels and buttons for our x0x? i'll pm you for a little thing :)

Which bits are you getting in for the x0x, please can you put me down for a set.

G

Well, this was not a x0x set order, but in the maintime it's going to be something similar (wtf, my english sux).

it is started for LCD, now there are many x0xes inside, but i haven't a list of parts to request. each member had wrote me what parts he need.

at the start i would like just to make a try, and see what goes on. but now i'm in the x0x club :) and i must run inside.

at this point i will wrote down the list of parts that i will take on digikey for x0x and few rare parts that i can take in IT.

since i need some parts from dalbani and mouser, i will join a bulk from TheProf. I say this to clarify wich parts i'm going order and why.

• 3 weeks later...

well.. well? wtf not well!

new available time for

P3K1503-ND POT 50K OHM 9MM VERT PLA BUSHING 06/18/2008

P3L2503-ND POT 50K OHM 9MM VERT PLA BUSHING 03/27/2008

GH3074-ND ENCODER MECHANICAL 16POS HEX 04/03/2008

i think that this dates will increase time by time to the infinity. don't know why.

for sure i will do another digikey order for some other lcd in the early future, so i will take 1 detented plastic bush and 1 non detented metal bush for test them now, and if they are good we can order this last ones.

removing detent probably it's not hard and cut the metal will be another solution.

That is bad. I also check the Grayhill at Newmark... same story. Seams nobody stocks it at the moment. I would personally rather use panel mount pots than wait till June to get those Panasonics. 50K pots are easy to find. But seams no replacement for the Grayhill. :-\

This project already took too long. I have problems with cutting company to cut the test panel. They told me few times they will do it but they were obviously joking.

...i've find a port identical but quadrature or absolute.

http://www.electro-nc.com/oak/p0710.pdf

As I understand absolute variant of those encoders you found (702) - gray code is same as the we need. If still there are some differences in code table it should be really easy to adapt. There are 16 positions/combinations.

EDIT:

Here is the code diferences comparison. I`m going to search the src code for x0x and check. I hope it is well documented as TK do it so people without programming knowledge as myself can understand it.

Here is the page with the source code. I`m looking around to figure out where it could be.

http://x0xb0x.cvs.sourceforge.net/x0xb0x/firmware/

enc_thumb.gif

2336_enc_gif59b123127d1199d26044da031321

I get response from Grayhill...

Sasa

Normally this item is in stock with our distributors.

Grayhill has orders now from 3 of our global distributors

Grayhill will be shipping to them within the next 3-4 weeks.

I recommend you place your order with one of the following distributors immediately and they should be able to ship to you within 4 - 5 weeks.

new available time for

P3K1503-ND POT 50K OHM 9MM VERT PLA BUSHING 06/18/2008

P3L2503-ND POT 50K OHM 9MM VERT PLA BUSHING 03/27/2008

GH3074-ND ENCODER MECHANICAL 16POS HEX 04/03/2008

From Digikey.ca today:

P3K1503-ND POT 50K OHM 9MM VERT PLA BUSHING 1,963 available