CORE assembly questions

fbrabson

Hi folks --

I'm new to the midibox forum, but I've been on the Miditzer forum for a while.  I'm exploring midibox to midify an organ console.  I've ordered CORE, DIN, and DOUT modules for testing and playing around while console preparations unfold.  I expect to have the modules in hand in a couple of weeks.  I'm planning some soldering practice until then!

Here's the question:

Is there a more recent soldering guide than the one on the uCApps CORE page? I know Thorsten's board was an early model/prototype.  Anybody done a CORE recently that can shed some light on this for me?  Have I missed a link somewhere?  I know the general thinking is that this is a "jump in" kind of experience, but I'd like as much info as possible on the front end, so I'm not trying to wire jumpers where they're not needed!  :D

Many thanks,

Freddie Brabson

LOL!  Sure!  The answer was in the changelog for the version C of the CORE module---right there under my nose.  (Regarding tjumpers, anyway!  A more careful reading of the page led to some other "aha" moments.  I'll know more when the parts arrive, but I think I've got the gist of it now.) 

See the bottom of the page at

http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/mbhp_coreR4c.html

Freddie