Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'breath controller'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Top
    • Latest News
    • Bulk Orders
  • Construction
    • MIDIbox NG
    • MIDIbox HUIs
    • MIDIbox SEQ
    • MIDIbox SID
    • MIDIbox FM
    • MIDIbox BLM
    • MIDIbox User Projects
    • MIDIfication
    • Design Concepts
    • Parts Questions
    • Testing/Troubleshooting
    • Tips & Tricks
    • MIDIbox Documentation Project
  • Software
    • MIDIbox Tools & MIOS Studio
    • MIOS programming (C)
    • MIOS programming (Assembler)
    • MIOS toy of the week
  • Miscellaneous
    • Fleamarket
    • Sale Requests
    • Miscellaneous
    • Songs & Sounds
  • Archive
    • Parts Archive
    • MIDIbox of the Week
  • Multilingual
    • Nordisk
    • Nederlands
    • Deutsch
    • Français
    • Italiano
    • Español
    • Português
    • Greek
    • Russian
    • Others


  • Twin-X's Blog
  • j00lz - MB-6582 Build Log
  • Project "Desire MC1"
  • MIDIbox Live
  • protofuse's Blog
  • Joeri's Blog
  • Phil's MBSEQv4
  • taximan's home base
  • Kyo's Blog
  • Snoozr's Notes on Building an MB-6582
  • Amplification
  • dawidbass' Blog
  • SLP's Blog
  • MidiSax's Blog
  • blog_latenights
  • Non usare un modulo Lcd
  • Duggle's Blog
  • Rics' 4Decks
  • aaa135139's Blog
  • bilderbuchi's Blog
  • Alain6870's Blog
  • MidiMaigre 37
  • Digineural's Blog
  • Sylwester's Blog
  • olga42's Blog
  • MB9090 Blog
  • Zossen's Blog
  • stilz&Rumpel's Blog
  • Antichambre's Blog
  • MB TWINsid Blog
  • massenvernichtungswaffe.de
  • gslug's Blog
  • albpower2seq4sid's Blog
  • TB's MIDIBox Adventures
  • kHz-tone's Blog
  • Blatboy's Blog
  • geth's-building-stuff-Blog
  • Excursions in DIY land
  • Ralex's Blog
  • huanyupcb's Blog
  • Vicentiu Mincior's Blog
  • A journey through midibox LC construction
  • TheAncientOne's Blog
  • nebula's Blog
  • Sasha's Blog
  • Tales from the kit mill
  • novski's
  • nicolas' Blog
  • Gelpearl
  • Johan's Blog
  • midibox.org Blog
  • Wisefire build logs
  • ColleenMorris' Blog
  • brucefu's Blog
  • atribunella's Blog
  • Building my Seq
  • A Seqv4 kind of thing
  • ModulBox
  • ArumBlack
  • mongrol
  • Watch!!- Mission: Impossible – Fallout (HD) Movie Online.Full 4k
  • Watch!!- Hotel Transylvania 3 Summer Vacation (HD) Movie Online.Full 4k
  • Silver eagles sign football gamer Adam Zaruba since restricted stop
  • Watch!!- The Meg (HD) Movie Online.Full 4k
  • Steelkiwi Blog
  • Words1234
  • SSP
  • How to Solve the Excavator Hydraulic System Running Slowly
  • Eight Ways to Maintain Excavator Parts
  • Five Common Problems and Fault Analysis of Komatsu Excavator
  • Ficher Chem Co. Ltd: Buy Research Chemicals Online
  • Zazenergyli
  • Top Mobile App Development Company in USA
  • belkin range extender
  • wrong post

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. Hello guys! I'd like to share my experience of connecting Yamaha BC-1 breath controller to Core LPC (using MIDIbox NG application). First of all, I'm sorry but I didn't manage to obtain any AINSER module, so all test are done using onboard ADC. All 3 BC's are powered with 9V and output values in the upper half, but in a "mirrored" manner: higher voltage in rest and lower voltage when blown into. BTW, one can also suck the air in, then output value goes even higher, but doesn't reach 9v. BC-1 and BC-2 have a diode on their outputs (don't know about BC-3), so a pull-up resistor must be used (without it the output is "hanging": I get a random flow of CC values). There is a (not so good) option to power BC's with 5V, I saw this approach several times in the Web (e.g. for connecting to expression pedal input of a synth or to some commercial controller similar to sensorizer, e.g. Doepfer WE): I've found the following page on one forum (without a link to the source, but we may guess it's somehow related to some controller named MIDIBOARD): So after several experiments with different schemes and voltages, I settled on the above scheme. Doepfer WE manual recommends pull-up resistor from 1k to 4k7 (however, for 5V supply). Because above schematics outputs values more then 3.3V, I had to use a simple pot-based voltage divider instead of a pull-up resistor. I calibrated it and everything works fine... almost. Here was a good part. There is one annoying thing I still trying to get rid of: At first I used 47k pot as a divider. I've got a lot of 127 values in the flow. Even if I do nothing, they are flowing, like: 60, 127, 60, 127, 60, 127, etc. (60 is my value at rest if not adjusting pinrange etc, but simply setting output 0..127 mapped to 0-3.3V). I tried to increase the current by replacing my pot with 1.4k. It helped - now 127 values appeared ~ twice a minute. And finally I replaced my pot with 640 Ohm. Now I get 127 once a minute. So the problem is I cannot eliminate sporadic 127 values completely. And 640 Ohm divider I think is a waste of battery ;)
  • Create New...