AIN ... entries talking ...

goule

Hi crew,

My user-project is almost done, but I still get some annoying values coming out of the AIN  :-\ so I was wondering where this crap could come from. I have 17 pins connected to pots, different sensors, and as an example I would say that in a minute, three or four of my controllers will send their value to the AIN instead of remaining 'silent'. It's often the same pins that 'talk'  ::).

I connected all the unused entries to +5v ... should I try to connect them to ground instead ?  ???

There was a time I found a document on ucapps showing an example of a soldering diagram ("star" soldering, as far I as can remember). That was supposed to be the best method to connect pots together. Does this ring a bell to anyone ?

I forgot to tell that sometimes the values get crazy, like : 0, 83, 81, 83, 0 (a very short jump from the normal 0 value ...  :'()

Have a good week-end !

Cheers from France,  ;D

Olivier

I connected all the unused entries to +5v ... should I try to connect them to ground instead ? ???

Yes! :)

AUAIMBCTG! (Search for it ;) )

There was a time I found a document on ucapps showing an example of a soldering diagram ("star" soldering, as far I as can remember). That was supposed to be the best method to connect pots together. Does this ring a bell to anyone ?

Sure does! I had a b*tch of a time finding it last time, and so I put lots of keywords in one of my posts on this thread: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,9668.msg70349.html#msg70349

That has all you need to know :)

Actually ,I found that when I searched for 'star wiring pots'. What'd you search for this time? We should add the words to the posts here so it'll show up for the next guy's search.

mmm ... did you mean : AUAIMBCTG ? (small mistake ?  8))

m8 : thank you so much for that beautiful answer I was waiting for !  :D  ;)

I searched for "star wiring diagram" or so ... without success.

Your url rocks, even if the exact diagram I had seen monthes ago on ucapps was bit more different (showing a 'real' starry way of connecting a bunch of pots, not only 8 ) but perhaps I gotta investigate your link deeper.

EDIT : found it, I was blind :

http://www.midibox.org/users/tor_arne/midibox64_walkthrough/pot_wiring.jpg

Thanks thanks and thanks again !!

8)

mmm ... did you mean : AUAIMBCTG ? (small mistake ? 8))

Argh sorry!!

Yeh that's the one!

if you'd have dropped "diagram" from your search you would have found it.... Best not to use search terms which have too many similes (dagram, image, schematic, pdf, gif, jpg, drawing, sketch, etc etc etc....you could search forever if you tried all these terms...)