MidiBoxFM Digital Audio Output

Tomek

Hi everyone!

I just "slaughtert" an old Mozart Soundcard to get that YMF262 Chip, unfortunately there is no YAC512 DAC Chip on that board.

Anyway... I saw on the pictures of TK`s FM-Synth that there is a Digital-Chinch-Jack at the Backpanel. I`ve spent hours and hours searching

in the Forum about that... no result  ???

Does anybody know if there is additional hardware needed for this, or can the digital sound output, that routes to the DAC, be connected to that Chinch-Jack

directly? Is the output spdif compatible?

If Yes, this could be a superb option for a ultra-minimal FM-Synth, in a mini-mini case with mini-mini 5VPSU  ;D This thing could sit on my external souncard,

connected to its digital-in...

If NO, ...i need additional material from Ebay to slaughter  ;D

greetz, Tomek

I`m so stoopid!  ::)

But now i know the difference between a topic and a poll, this should be a topic and no poll. Actually there is nothing to poll  :P

don`t know how to change that...

Yeah, thanx for removing the poll Stryd_one  :)

If you can find the specs of the DAC, it'll likely tell you what format the digital audio stream is in.  I have a hunch it'll be I2C rather than S/PDIF (Sony/Phillips ...).

I googled the datasheets of the YAC512 & YMF262, and looked at this page: http://www.epanorama.net/documents/audio/spdif.html for the SPDIF characteristics. It seems that default sample format is 16bit (same as whats coming out the ymf262) but spdif needs 4 additional control bits  :-\

I have no clue what the ymf262`s SMPAC+SMPBD (Sample/Hold) lines do  ???

I`m not experienced in reading protocol-timing-tables, but for me it looks like that some extra wiring & coding is needed to run a MBFM only with a spdif output  :'(