ahhhr cant make a hex file for my seq hardware

jrp

Hi together.

I´m close to crying... tried everything exactly as described in the wiki windows guide, but i just can´t get my edited setup*.asm to be converted to a hex file.

No idea what´s wrong.

I Installed all tools in their default directories, followed all the steps, but nothing is happening. First i saved my setup to a new file. When i do the set path command and type make i get three hex files: The v3 one, the tk and the cd. My own asm file is simply ignored.

Next thing i tried is do just a little change to the setup v3 file (interchange play and stop pins) and tried again.

I get a new v3 hex file, but when i upload it the seq behaves as before, the pins are not interchanged.

What could be wrong?

I was so happy to finish this fantastic machine, and now i´m stuck...

Thanks! I´ll read through your posts, see if i find my mistake.

For creating a file with a new name i have to add my asm in this line in the makefile.orig, i guess:

# default rule that defines the .hex files which should be created

# note: always require a "cleanall", since dependencies (e.g. on .h and .inc files) are not properly declared

all: cleanall setup_mbseq_v3.hex setup_mbseq_cd_cd.hex setup_mbseq_tk.hex SETUP_SEQ_JRP.hex

With Notepad++ i replaced this in the setup_mbseq_v3.asm:

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Pause, 1, 5

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Play, 1, 6

with this:

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Pause, 1, 6

DIN_ENTRY SEQ_BUTTON_Play, 1, 5

Code change looks fine, that should've worked really.... Are you sure that it actually compiled a new hex?

For creating a file with a new name i have to add my asm in this line in the makefile.orig, i guess:

# default rule that defines the .hex files which should be created
# note: always require a "cleanall", since dependencies (e.g. on .h and .inc files) are not properly declared
all: cleanall setup_mbseq_v3.hex setup_mbseq_cd_cd.hex setup_mbseq_tk.hex SETUP_SEQ_JRP.hex

Yeh that's it. Just be aware that if you add <filename>.hex, then it will try to compile it from <filename>.asm - so in your case, you must have your setup called SETUP_SEQ_JRP.asm.

Thanks alot, it worked!!!

Not sure why it didn´t before, but now everything is ok. i reinstalled all the tools, changed the makefile.orig and all is fine.

I also changed %programfiles% in the set path line to %programme% since i´m using the german version of xp. Don´t know if that makes a difference, if it does than this info should be added in the quick start guide.

Happy now, greetings!

Great!

Bloody microsoft!! Here's the funny thing: The original doco just had 'C:\Program files\*'. After some other changes to make it work better for users of international variants of windows, I changed it to %programfiles%, as that is *supposed* to be standard across all variants, so it should work for everybody... I guess not! Thanks for the heads-up, I'll adjust the document accordingly.

I also changed %programfiles% in the set path line to %programme% since i´m using the german version of xp.

Well.... Seems i was too quick to blame MS, according to the international variables thread I created and ilmenator's response, the %programfiles% variable is intact in German Windows as it should be, and should be left as-is on the wiki page... in fact, I have no idea how your system is able to find the compiler because the path you've set is invalid!