MIDI merge or MIDI Thru?

jmoboe

I am new to MIDIBox and I have a problem that I have not been able to solve clearly with the doc and the forum. My project is a virtual organ using MIDI as communication protocol. I already have MIDI modules that take care of the keyboards and the pedalboard. I have decided to use a MIDIO128 type MIDIbox system for stop control and I already have a functional core module with a DIN and DOUT modules. Since I my computer interface has one MIDI In and one MIDI Out ports, what is the best way to combine the output from my existing modules and that of the MIDIbox? I could do that with commercial modules (I have a M-Audio MIDISport2, but it is not supported on a 64-bit OS) but if it is feasable, I would like to try doing it with a MIDIbox solution.

If all your existing MIDI is on one MIDI cable then you want to configure the MIDI In of the MIDIO128 MidiBox to be MIDI Merge so that your stops plus everything else is on one MIDI cable connected from the MIDI Out of the MidiBox to MIDI In on your computer.

The MIDIO128 discussions will be found in the Midification area.