DOUT pin numbers swapped for each SR

This N°9

You got it! I posted about this the other day, I assumed (always bad to assume) that you read it :)

If you are unfamiliar with what's going on there, be sure to read the forum thread I linked, it explains it all...

ok, I'am fixing the stuff, but I found other (old) sin

There are MANY of them :(

for ex. on the page index_test

Lord only knows what that page is meant to be.... It should be removed.

I don't like to be blamed for stuff that other before me screwed up!!  :)

Jesus dude, I never blamed you for every bad wiki page there is! The situation here is this: There are LOTS of errors (as you have noticed) made by other people before you came along. There are so many in fact, that it can be difficult to find them all.

Naturally, when you update the wiki, it makes sense to search for the information you are about to add, and look for duplicates. When you do this, you'll often find a mess left by someone else. if you just leave it there, then you've left a mess behind, and it could be a long time before someone else finds it - but, to clean up the mess, only takes a few mouse clicks (usually).

So, even if someone else made the mess, it's still good for you to clean it up - if you don't do it....Who will?

I can only remember that I

- edited the page "din_dout_pintable"

- added a comment to "dout_module"

My point exactly :) what if that pintable already existed on some other page? This is why the correct procedure would be:

- search for duplicate info

- edit the pages

Which usually turns out like this:

- find related mess which will make it hard for newbies to find your doco

- clean up that mess

- edit the pages

UPDATE: also fixed links / dupes for aout_module_analog_out -> aout_module; on mbhp, LCD-link-to-nowhere -> lcd

Champion!

I must

have

missed

this.

where?

LMAO :D

Hey, I was thinking that I should say to you... It seems that you're feeling a little defensive about the instructions and corrections I'm giving you - you shouldn't.

Firstly, the golden rule of the wiki always stands - there are no permanent changes, so all additions are welcome. Even if they make a mess, or leave old mess behind. For example, I would prefer quintuplicate copies of your excellent pintable, compared with no updated pintable at all. Messy good doco > clean incomplete doco.

Secondly, the only reason I'm telling you this stuff, is because you are one of the few people around here who are putting in this extra time for all of our benefit. I know that this extra work is not easy! It should not be taken lightly, and it is greatly appreciated. However, by following a few guidelines, mostly made by people who have gone before you and done the exact same things as you, you can gain even greater value from the effort you put in. These guidelines are just a way to achieve even greater value from all of your hard work - noone is 'telling you off', just boosting you up :)

allright, allright, peace!  ;)

and thanks four your instructions.

how is this done the best way? just use the search form?

I removed the index_test, and will port the DINOUT-table to the new wiki format.

You got it! I posted about this the other day, I assumed (always bad to assume) that you read it Smiley

If you are unfamiliar with what's going on there, be sure to read the forum thread I linked, it explains it all...

fogive me, where did you post this? which forum thread are you refering?

Which name(space) to choose for din & dout pintable? would ":mbhp:module:din_dout_pintable" be a good choice?

how is this done the best way? just use the search form?

Yeh, nothing too exhaustive, just enough to catch anything really bad. In your case, I'd run one search only, for pages with "DIN" in the name. Well, actually I'd use the new wiki format... I'll come back to that.

I removed the index_test,

Did you ensure that any of the info on that page, was already in the wiki in another place? If you remove a page, naturaly you should ensure that you are not losing valuable info...

and will port the DINOUT-table to the new wiki format.

Thanks!!

fogive me, where did you post this? which forum thread are you refering?

Err, it helps if I give you a link! hahahaha sorry. I've put the forum link on the http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=new_wiki_layout page now.

Which name(space) to choose for din & dout pintable? would ":mbhp:module:din_dout_pintable" be a good choice?

Crap, you really have been reading. Dunno how you got so far, in such a short time. Anyway, you're very close.

Correct namespace is :mbhp:module: 

there are module templates on the wikify page:  http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wikify:template:module

and as per the new layout pages (http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=new_wiki_layout:mbhp) ....

the din and dout page locations are already specified :)

So... copy the contents of the template....click the link to the new din page.... click 'create this page', paste in the contents, paste in your pintable, enjoy :)

As you can see, most of the wiki overhaul is just cut'n'paste work now. Durisian did the hard part for us :)

So... copy the contents of the template....click the link to the new din page.... click 'create this page', paste in the contents, paste in your pintable, enjoy

hm.. I would prefer to keep the din/dout table as one table, not to split it to din & dout. one good reason is, that it's a long table (if we keep all 128 pins in it), and some additional information top of it, so I think it's worth having it's one page. I think I'll find a good place for it in the namespace tree. Just protest if you think I'am doing crap.