Small kwerky pot problem

noofny

Got the 2 AIN's connected up to the core and was pleasantly surprised that 99% of it worked!

I have a couple of small issues though;

1) The first pot does not register at all. After diagnosing it is actually the first pin of the first AIN that is not registering.

2) Only when I turn up all knobs to 50% or higher, only 1 or 2 knobs twitter slightly and those ones only reach about 80% of their max value.

I've checked my soldering and looked more at the circuit diagrams to try and understand but am a little lost where to go from here? Would love it if anyone can help out.

Ok I fixed (2) by removing and re-soldering the ground wire to that pot. No more twittering for that and it registers the full range of values.

There's something REAL funny going on with this first pot though. I just replaced it with a new pot and when i turned it up it lit up inside and has now burnt out. I am getting the standard 5v across pin 1 & 3 (5+ & gnd) and there doesn't appear to be any voltage coming up the middle wire from the AIN. It's the only pin that is doing this!! Has anyone else ever seen this?