Tap Tempo on Encoder in MB808?

creekree

hi,

i just finished my mb808 seq (not moogahs though), everything went smoothly. 8)

now, i know i can tap the tempo in with shift+play, but is there a way to use the switch in my tempo encoder?

i am pretty sure it is just a minor change to the firmware, but in all honesty, i have no idea how to program it, nor did my search bring up anything helpful.

any help appreciated!

christian

Take the 2 pins of your encoder-button.

let's call them A and B.

now split one pin up.

you should have three wires now.

A1, A2 and B

Now take the DIN-Pins of your play and shift-buttons, let's call them C and D, and connect everything this way:

A1 - C

A2 - D

B  - GND

this will work, but it's *really* just a quick'n'dirty kinda thing. [midibox ruins my english, btw  :P ]

By pushing the encoder button, both, the play- and the shift-button, are closed at the same time.

You will therefore not be able to use shift and/or play while pressing the encoder-button and vice versa.

regards

....but doesnt that mean that whenever i press shift OR play the other button will be activated as well?

your method actually shortens the DINs of shift and play together- permanently.

pressing either switch will make a connection to GND for both inputs. youre right that this way the tap tempo function can be put on the encoder, but i'd really like to be able to press play on its own ;)