Digital control

Skullnick

Hello,

I'm sure this has already been posted but I'm gonna ask anyway. Does anybody have an idea how to save the settings of an effects pedal for a guitar? I'm specifically interested in modding the Line 6 Echo Park since it has so many features and with the option of saving settings it would have the functionality of the much more expensive pedals.

Thanks.

I don't own any line 6 gear, so I'm just guessing here...

Check the manual for a MIDI implementation chart, if your lucky you'll find that all the parameters are mapped to MIDI controllers.  It would then be possible to create a "remote control" from something similar to the MB64 and then add some code to store the parameters in patches.

.. and, I think you could adapt the SEQ application to do the same thing, plus sequencing..

The Pots are likely to work as Voltage-Dividers (like when using them with midibox stuff).

You could measure how much voltage there is on the outer pins of the pots.

then simply replace the pots with an AOUT-module (and perhaps some opamp circuitry).

There might be even a chance to interface the Controller of the pedal directly... but i dunno exactly.

open it and take a picture  :)