Question about the LTC module

Nat

Ok, I want to clarify this, if I understand well, with the LTC module, I can install a midi in, a midi out AND the COM port at the same time.  I can also connect a midi out to the core, but not a midi in.

In that situation, the octocoupler has to be removed

Is that right ?

Thanks,

Nat

Hey I already started this posting!!!! :)

Well I was just wondering for the possibilites to change the baudrate in the software. Then if you can just bypass the optocoupler, you could have switchable interfacing.

I am aware however that both baudrates are different, it would be cool however to have both com and midi, but definitely seems like a *8*8' n shitload of work.

I bet Thorsten could pull it out nowhere on us.

:)

Sephult

Yeah, thats true.

Also the changing of the baudrate shouldn´t be THE problem anyhow. Just changing the timer.

*Also* I dont know how the buffer will handle this... TK? Perhaps some idea for MIOS 1.5 or so?

The baudrate can be changed with MIOS_MIDI_InterfaceSet.

With MIOS_MIDI_TxBufferFlush the MIDI out buffer can be emptied before switching to another interface.

A pin could be used to switch between two interfaces (just use two AND gates and an inverter to multiplex the signal), but this would be an application specific feature.

Best Regards, Thorsten.