mk_syx script problem

pesce

Hallo to everybody

I'm a newbie, I want to build a midibox64. I'm trying to modify the midibox64.ini and compile it with mk_syx script to generate a .syx file. To to this I downloaded active perl and I run in ms dos prompt the following script: c:\perl mk_syx.pl midibox64.ini as c:\ is the folder of the .ini file. The script starts correctly but it compiles only 64 lines of the code in particolar the pot lines and does't compile the [bUTTONS] part of the application. Does anyone know why it do like this?

Thank you in advance for the help!

c:\perl mk_syx.pl midibox64.ini as c:\ is the folder of the .ini file.

That shouldn't work, are you sure that's what you typed? It's important to copy and paste, not type - see the link to the golden rules of troubleshooting in my signature :)

Anyway that should run a program called c:\perl.exe, which i'm assuming doesn't exist, and then c:\perl.exe would run

mk_syx.pl in the current directory, and supply midibox64.ini in the current directory as an argument to that perl script. So, I'm pretty sure that's not what you really typed. What you'd want is something more like:

perl mk_syx.pl midibox64.ini

with both the perl script (.pl file) and the ini file to parse, in the current directory. That will use the PATH environment variable to locate perl.exe, and use those two files in the current directory as parameters.

I should also take this opportunity to point out that C:\ is not a temporary storage area and should not be used as one. ;You should move these files to C:\temp or something similar. XP doesn't create this directory by default, so you should create it yourself.

The script starts correctly but it compiles only 64 lines of the code in particolar the pot lines and does't compile the [bUTTONS] part of the application. Does anyone know why it do like this?

Note sure, but if you post the contents of the file in here it will help! :)

If you use code tags (like quote, but different - use the # button up there next to the quote button) it will be easier to read.

Thank you for the reply!

This morning I tried on a different computer a mac at work with active perl installed.

I downloaded mk_syx.zip from midibox64e design page. The pakage contains different file examples and the script to convert ini to syx.

The result after the script was the same only 64 line where converted.

After that i opened the original  syx files with a text editor to check what is inside. All the

syx  files  in the zip have informations until the last line of the pot or encoder and nothing more. no led no buttons.

What is my error? Are the files corrupted? Somebody have used them before?

Sincerely

Pesce

Oops. It looks like you are right. (and I am testing under linux)

The midibox64e.ini only gets the encoders translated.

The midibox64.ini only the pots.

There is no output about buttons and leds. I don't know if that means that they are not processed either. For that i have to load them into the vmidibox tool. Later...

The script starts correctly but it compiles only 64 lines of the code in particolar the pot lines and does't compile the [bUTTONS] part of the application.

The midibox64e.ini only gets the encoders translated.

The midibox64.ini only the pots.

That's right because in MB64e the pots are treated as a type of encoder. See here for more info

Anyhow, mind if I ask what app you used to view the sysex? The output appears OK to me, but this hex viewer is not the best thing in the world to read with.

Still, I see the whole file as it seems that it should be... So once again I have to ask you to post more information. I stil need the ini file. As well as that, would be good if I could get the output of the script in debug mode, with both the original file and the customised file... so:

perl mk_syx.pl midibox64.ini -debug > midibox64.txt

perl mk_syx.pl pesce.ini -debug > pesce.txt

Then attach pesce.txt, midibox64.txt, pesce.ini and pesce.syx to your post.

• 3 weeks later...