Minimal SID Rebooting Probs :(

DJ Trago

hi iv just set up a basic SID unit and its going ok, i tryed to use the OPSU system but had so many problems with it that iv now just opted for the PSU made from parts of the C64 (the very basic PSU) and it was all going well iv conected it to my laptop via MIDI and iv been sending .hex messages to the core and running programs like the test tone ect. i then tryed to run the 6581 program and it instaled fine but when ever it gets to the launching screen the system reboots and starts over in a very frustrating loop. as i said beffor the test tone program seems to run fine but the main SID program will not. i have tryed removing the lcd and runing the program and i seems to not reboot (console messages in MIOS Studio dont continualy come up) so i was wondering if there was any help with this? my lcd is a large 20 x 4 dispaly but i dont want to go and buy a smaller one just to find out i have the same problem.

any ideas?

alex

What if you disconnect the LCD backlight only, but leave it otherwise (data lines etc) connected?

When you disconnect the LCD, can you play sounds? As in: How sure are you, that it's 'alive' when the LCD is not there?