Retrieving ini files

jwrigh10

I have lost my ini files for my keyboards and pedal board. It has been over a year since I created them and they have been apparently wiped off my system  ???. It has been a year since I created them and I don't want to have to go back into intensive learning mode or reconstruction unless absolutely necessary. Is there a way I can upload them from my cores?

You didn't mention what app it is, I assume midio128 as we aren't in the HUI ar ASM forum? Regardless the answer is the same... Sorry mate, I don't believe there is....

I can think of a couple of ways at least, to find out what settings are on the box already, by reading from the PIC/banksticks - in case you weren't really sure how it was set up (eg fixing a box for a friend, or a friend set it up for you originally, etc)... but I can't think of any way to get that information into the original ini file format automatically :(

Is this just for "because it would be nice to have those files back" or are you changing hardware and need to re-upload or?... I'm not sure whether I could maybe give you some more useful advice, than this verbose "no" :(

Thanks for the response.Yes, I am using a Midio128 project. I have a core with 4 din units. All are working fine, however, on Din 4 J6 I am getting the exact same response (148 20 127 5 G# 0 Note On) as I do Din 1 J6 (148 20 127 5 G# 0 Note On). I get this same response for 7 of the 8 pins; however 1 pin on Din 4 J6 registers in the range it should (148 111 127 5 G# 0 Note On). In other words, the Din 4 J6 pins should be reading 111-118, but instead they read 22-16 with the exception of 111 and for some reason they are duplicating the same as D1 J6. (I hope this make sense.)

Unfortunately, I lost the original ini file and was wondering if there was a problem with the original file. Quite frankly, I don't remember how I uploaded it in the first place since it has been over a year. I guess I am hoping I don't have to go back through all the research and learning again ???. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I know this probably isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I think it would be much faster to re-do the ini file from scratch, than to try to recreate it from the chip and edit it :( Sorry mate....

FWIW, I tend to email files like these to my gmail account - makes for a nice offsite backup, and with such small files it's really easy.