Perpetual Brownout after uploading MIOS V1.9g

sutra

I've been using my midibox for 3 years and i recently decided tinker with it a little, because my AIN info was coming in on separate midi channels and I wanted it to all come in on one channel. My core module has a PIC 18F452 on it so I started by using MIOS studio to upload "bootloader_v1_2b_pic18f452.hex" and followed by uploading "mios_v1_9g_pic18f452.hex". Ever since I did that, whenever I turn on my core module, all of the DOUT's switch to 1 (turning on all LED's attached to my DOUT modules). I am used to this happening when i give my core module a low voltage, causing it to go into brownout mode. I have tried repeatedly to upload my old bootstrap loader and MIOS in manual mode, but i continue to get what looks like a brownout. All of my wiring and power are the same as they have been for the last 3 years, the only thing that has changed is my successfully uploading the latest bootstrap loader and MIOS.

any suggestions, anyone? - mike.

I've been using my midibox for 3 years and i recently decided tinker with it a little, because my AIN info was coming in on separate midi channels and I wanted it to all come in on one channel. My core module has a PIC 18F452 on it so I started by using MIOS studio to upload "bootloader_v1_2b_pic18f452.hex" and followed by uploading "mios_v1_9g_pic18f452.hex". Ever since I did that, whenever I turn on my core module, all of the DOUT's switch to 1 (turning on all LED's attached to my DOUT modules). I am used to this happening when i give my core module a low voltage, causing it to go into brownout mode. I have tried repeatedly to upload my old bootstrap loader and MIOS in manual mode, but i continue to get what looks like a brownout. All of my wiring and power are the same as they have been for the last 3 years, the only thing that has changed is my successfully uploading the latest bootstrap loader and MIOS.

any suggestions, anyone? - mike.

update: i removed my PIC chip and put in a new one, and now the core module powers up fine. this leads me to believe that there is nothing wrong with my power supply, but I still don't know how to fix my old PIC chip.

i have now tried to load my old sysex file onto my new PIC chip about 100 times, and nothing seems to happen. my box isn't sending any midi events.

i was able to upload some more recent code from someone else, that i am editing to suit my needs, but i'm still stumped as to what's happening with my old PIC chip always going into brownout