Re-use Bliptronic synth BLM matrix and enclosure?

bilderbuchi

Hi!

I just stumbled over the Bliptronic synth on the net: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/musical-instruments/c4e1/

What makes it really interesting is that a guy posted the full pinout of the PCB. It seems by ordering and gutting a bliptronic you get a pre-made BLM and aluminium enclosure for just 50$.

I think from the description here that it would be possible to re-use the enclosure and blm for your own midibox projects... in fact, this guy even sells arduino-hack-kits for converting the bliptronic to an arduinome.

I think if the BLM pinout, voltage etc is compatible to mios (is it?), this could be interesting.

edit: found some more details, including a circuit diagram.

Edited by bilderbuchi

Yeah I've had that idea too, but do you really believe you will get an aluminium enclosure for that money? My bet is on plastic.

ok, i misread, it's partially aluminium: Thinkgeek says "Front panel is constructed from brushed aluminum". i'll have to see how much space there is in there for core, a display instead of the speaker grille, and some I/O..

Edited by bilderbuchi